Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Questions, this is the first time I'll be doing this so bare with me.

What size rims are on my stock 2002? I know I want better tires, so which would be the best to get when I also get these rims? I don't want to be sliding all over the place in the rain like with my 98's stock tires :p

I think they'll look good on the 2002.:D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
16 by 7.5 i belive for stock 02 wheels but either way it doesnt matter since you are upgrading.

since those wheels are 17 by 8 (oem are at least) then i would recommend a 245/45/17 tire to protect the rim lip, and the brand i would recommend are Yokahoma AVE ES 100's they are a very good tire, TONS better than kumo 711 or 712's... you should really look into these tires, they look great and are rated really good, tirerack.com is where i got mien you can get pictures of them on there. they seem to be a little wider than a standard 245 so it will help to protect your rim lip even more.

·
Registered
176 Posts
those our the rims i have and i really like them alot but they didnt have them in chrome when i ordered them and now i wish i would have waited a couple of months...

·
Registered
176 Posts
and i got 245/45/17's and they protect them pretty well...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpectorV said:
16 by 7.5 i belive for stock 02 wheels but either way it doesnt matter since you are upgrading.

since those wheels are 17 by 8 (oem are at least) then i would recommend a 245/45/17 tire to protect the rim lip, and the brand i would recommend are Yokahoma AVE ES 100's they are a very good tire, TONS better than kumo 711 or 712's... you should really look into these tires, they look great and are rated really good, tirerack.com is where i got mien you can get pictures of them on there. they seem to be a little wider than a standard 245 so it will help to protect your rim lip even more.
I went on the site looking for the Yokahoma AVE ES 100's, I didn't find the specific name

Is it this one?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=445WR7ES100&fromCompare1=yes

the Yokahoma AVS ES100?
I see they are the Summer tires, I should be looking at the Seasonal too though for the rain conditions hm? the Yokohama AVS dB S2 I mean.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:shahrum: bump

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
thats them the AVS ES100s i guess the es and 100 is together. That link you sent was to the same i have, the 275/40/17s are 129 each so you can check to make sure they are the same when you go back again.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright cool then :)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really loved Bullit rims, I loved the whole look of it. A friend of mine always saw them in magazines and parked cars, but when we saw them on a moving car it didn't look all great. I like rims the most from how they look moving, the Bullit rims didn't look too great at a pace :( The Cobra rims do though, I photoshoped them on my car and they look amazing

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I can't say that I agree really. I had charcoal Bullitts, loved them, now I have aftermarket 95 Chrome Cobras, I wish I had just gotten aftermarket Bullitts in a wider size. The chrome on my AFS Cobras is very poor quality, they corrode terribly, and I can't keep them clean very well, they are a big PIA, plus I liked the look of the Bullit rims better, more retro. If you are thinking of getting AFS rims, don't buy their chrome ones, its cheesy! Oh, and as for common, there is nothing quiet so common as Cobra wheels on a Mustang, seems that most of the GTs and lots of the V6s have them, not to even mention the Cobras, LOL!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol you have quite a point there :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts