Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 98. it has golden Badges on it. and ive read there Limited edition not made many. they was prototype or something.. anyone know anything about this? hes wondering. lol thanks!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
golden badges are just add ons by dealerships...its a little tool which can turn just about any badge a gold color (seen it used before). nothing special about them just with the emblems changed color as far as i know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
golden badges are just add ons by dealerships...its a little tool which can turn just about any badge a gold color (seen it used before). nothing special about them just with the emblems changed color as far as i know.
hu. Ive done a tiny bit of research. half say they are real. and one even said he had a thing from ford Verifying it. then half say its what you said.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I think the gold colored mustangs are rare i will have to google it and see how many were produced. As far as badges that seems fishey

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
We are talking about the badges and the running pony etc, cobras also came the same way as an option.

It was an option back in the day, ive seen a few. Its not a special edition as far as I know, just an option~ I would like to know more about it though. I dont think its more rare or anything just an odd thing ford did for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
914 Posts
SpectorV said:
We are talking about the badges and the running pony etc, cobras also came the same way as an option.

It was an option back in the day, ive seen a few. Its not a special edition as far as I know, just an option~ I would like to know more about it though. I dont think its more rare or anything just an odd thing ford did for some unknown reason.
Yeah i knew you were talking about the badges. But how many gold color stangs do you see the sn95 style i find them rare

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Oh just the exterior color. Those are rare due to popularity, no special edition etc just a color few wanted. I see no gold mustangs listed for 1998, could it be a 97 instead?

1997 Aztec Gold 1,135
2000 Sunburst Gold 5,171

·
Registered
914 Posts
SpectorV said:
Oh just the exterior color. Those are rare due to popularity, no special edition etc just a color few wanted. I see no gold mustangs listed for 1998, could it be a 97 instead?

1997 Aztec Gold 1,135
2000 Sunburst Gold 5,171
Ive seen only one of the sunburst gold one ugly but not many of them

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
that's nice and it's cool ford made some bling for the 90's...but dealers do have the machine to do it if paid though. i had my grandmothers lincoln emblems done last christmas.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
his is a 98 mustang. The ford is gold. pony on front. and the side ones. the factory rims are even gold.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
01mustangboy said:
his is a 98 mustang. The ford is gold. pony on front. and the side ones. the factory rims are even gold.
Maybe it once belonged to Goldmember? He did have a thing for gold!

image-1187950404.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
interesting I have a 1996, I just got yesterday that all the badges are gold plated and the pony on the grill and the ford thing on the rear of the car door locks are gold plated was trying to figure it out. sort of seemed out of place on a 3.8 V-6 rag top but it is a super clean car and for a first car for a 17 year old should be nice

·
Registered
230 Posts
Pics?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts