Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Radio Shack. 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable. Probably 5 bucks for a 3 footer.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I work at RadioShack and we have 3 different brands, RadioShack, auvio, and pipeline. Auvio is second best and is not made with cheap plastic, which in winter it will never freeze, and pipeline is going to be your finest quality in audio. Roughly about $12.99-$22.99.

Be sure to get a RadioShack service plan on it so if and accidental damage happens like water gets on it and corrodes it, stopes working or the wires fray we can make a claim to replace it for you!( service plan is about $4-$8 dollars to cover your $20 or more purchase.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MachMan1017 said:
I work at RadioShack and we have 3 different brands, RadioShack, auvio, and pipeline. Auvio is second best and is not made with cheap plastic, which in winter it will never freeze, and pipeline is going to be your finest quality in audio. Roughly about $12.99-$22.99.

Be sure to get a RadioShack service plan on it so if and accidental damage happens like water gets on it and corrodes it, stopes working or the wires fray we can make a claim to replace it for you!( service plan is about $4-$8 dollars to cover your $20 or more purchase.
if you had to pick one, which one would it be? seeing that I am a 16year old kid and am going to be unplugging it and plugging it in over and over each time I get in/out of my car? plus it will be coming out of the center console in my 2011 stang

·
Registered
366 Posts
emery2483 said:
if you had to pick one, which one would it be? seeing that I am a 16year old kid and am going to be unplugging it and plugging it in over and over each time I get in/out of my car? plus it will be coming out of the center console in my 2011 stang
You will be just fine with the auvio. It's 3ft long and it's 14.99. Or the 6 foot If you need it for $18.99

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
moto113 said:
Personally I bought boss aux cord...noticed better sound quality!!
how much was it and how long have you had it and how has it lasted?

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

MachMan1017 said:
You will be just fine with the auvio. It's 3ft long and it's 14.99. Or the 6 foot If you need it for $18.99
thanks man!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I bought a monster cable for my car. I'm 19 and I use it everyday. It goes all around my car, the floor, the hood, the backseat, stuck to my shoe, wrapped around the shifter, hanging out my window. It's a tough little cable and I recommend it. I've had it for over a year and it's still awesome. I'm also musician and I use nothing but monster cables.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Oh and I bought it at best buy

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sam62893 said:
I bought a monster cable for my car. I'm 19 and I use it everyday. It goes all around my car, the floor, the hood, the backseat, stuck to my shoe, wrapped around the shifter, hanging out my window. It's a tough little cable and I recommend it. I've had it for over a year and it's still awesome. I'm also musician and I use nothing but monster cables.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Oh and I bought it at best buy
how much was it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Seriously? Really? Go to a store that sells electronics and buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. They are all approximately the same thing. There are thousands of manufacturers, but the fact remains that with the exception of jacketing and labeling, copper is copper, and the metal tips are either straight or 90 degree. The only thing you need to worry about is the tip. Buy them with straight tips, simplt because they are compatible with more phones and devices. I run a sound/custom shop, and have been doing this for 22 years. The difference between the 5.00 flea market canle, and a 20.00 monster, griffin, aura, or any other company, is probably not going to be heard with human ears, unless there is a problem.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
WtFDiesel said:
Seriously? Really? Go to a store that sells electronics and buy a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. They are all approximately the same thing. There are thousands of manufacturers, but the fact remains that with the exception of jacketing and labeling, copper is copper, and the metal tips are either straight or 90 degree. The only thing you need to worry about is the tip. Buy them with straight tips, simplt because they are compatible with more phones and devices. I run a sound/custom shop, and have been doing this for 22 years. The difference between the 5.00 flea market canle, and a 20.00 monster, griffin, aura, or any other company, is probably not going to be heard with human ears, unless there is a problem.
Thank you... I have an upgraded system and running through my headunit I have tried my sisters $25 monster cable and my $3.50 cable and I cannot hear a difference, and I'm big about sound quality. Those big companies really get people with gold plated connections and crap like that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
There are some differences in the life of a cable if they aren't taken care of...ie; if you have that nice griffin piece up there, and you let it lay in the floor and people are stepping on it, it would probably last longer than the flea market one. But you should take better care of your stuff anyway.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Monster Cable for over a year, zero issues and even bought mom one. :good:
Yep, no issues at all. Even through all the abuse I put it through. Monster cable all the way

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
WtFDiesel said:
There are some differences in the life of a cable if they aren't taken care of...ie; if you have that nice griffin piece up there, and you let it lay in the floor and people are stepping on it, it would probably last longer than the flea market one. But you should take better care of your stuff anyway.
Yeah all cables are built the same way. But in my experience (which isn't much) I've used cheap cables and they don't last me long because of the way they're manufactured. They either break from the tips or the cables inside the insulation rip. They last me 2 months tops. I always go with monster cables because they are built solid, and the lifetime guarantee doesn't hurt. They have never failed me. I've had some monster cables for over 5 years, all used and abused and their still ticking. Your monster cable doesn't work? Take it to the store and you'll get a new one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts