Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
this is a good question, i was wondering the same thing....i might be picking up a f303 cam for cheap and from what couple guys have told me its a good cam to run with the intake change

·
Registered
38 Posts
okay so since im not going forced induction anytime soon i should get it yet?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The trick flow stage 1 is a good choice and will make good power still if you have future upgrades in mind. It is cheaper than the ford alphabet cams, at least at summit anyway

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I personally haven't looked into cams much yet....BUT!...just thinkin the old ”alphabet” cams may be a little out dated..thinking you might find something better from comp cams,lunati,crane cams or something....again this is just my opinion thinking with newer technology there could be better cams for the fox's out there!..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Go with the e cam sounds good and makes good mid range power i get complements all the time if. Cam works great with my heads and intake my car pulls really hard. Do u plan on doing any other types of mods

·
Registered
50 Posts
I run an Anderson cam, they are getting on the pricey side and I'm not sure if they make a cam for a stock head setup but it can't hurt to call Rick at Anderson Ford Motorsport and pick his brain. He gave his recommendation to me and I am running the N61 now with no regrets trapping 115 to 116 with an NA 306 and trick flow heads that I ported daily driven.

·
Registered
61 Posts
E cam with that set up you will like it... And as for them being out dated... Why change something that works and works well?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Cam selection tool - CamQuest
Let the people who make them help you choose what's right for your combination.

No offense intended to anyone's suggestions guys, but cam choice is better left to the experts.
I learned this the hard way and ended up spending a lot of time and money to make one of my first cars slower than it was originally. :eek::

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
tbonestang said:
It's a quick survey
What cam would u use with a stock heads gt40 intake and explorer injectors
The best cam with stock heads is the stock cam, but if you can find steeda #19 but most likely they'll will be used

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Also if your swapping cams just remember depending on your mileage you might want to check your heads and your bearings and rings

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree let the experts give u a few choices and u puck from them. As far as ford racing cams go and being outdated cause of new technology we drive Foxbodies ok the new technology is going to the newer cars. Hell ford racing is not even making cams for the Foxbodies anymore.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Getting an expert's opinion is the way to go just as I stated earlier in the thread. I talked to Anderson Ford who designs and tests there own cams to a high degree and Rick Anderson gave me his suggestion and he would do the same for you. There are also other cam designers too such as Camshaft Innovations, FTI, and Cam Motion are just a few that come to mind but these are mostly custom grind cams which get pricey. It might not be cost effective for a stock head setup. Camshaft technology has come a long way since the alphabet cams but yes there is power to be had by using them.

·
Banned
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not looking for a custom grind and not willing to drop a grand on new heads. Just want something more then grandma car. If u own a sn95 u know what I mean . My old ladies grocery getter has better pickup. Not looking to build a drag car but a bit tired of the 3 yr old beating meto the corner and he's on a big wheel. Now I have driven a bone stock 95 and mine is a bit quicker but this is a mustang not a 89 coupe Seville

1 - 20 of 26 Posts