Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to keep my mustang as a daily driver and handle well on a track. What would be good buys that wont ruin ride quality too much? I was thinking coil overs with anti roll sway bars, rear LCAs, and a new strut tower brace. Any opinions on brands would help, thanks!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I want to keep my mustang as a daily driver and handle well on a track. What would be good buys that wont ruin ride quality too much? I was thinking coil overs with anti roll sway bars, rear LCAs, and a new strut tower brace. Any opinions on brands would help, thanks!
Eibach all the way sir, don't forget a sway bar! And UCA's

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Dampers... After all the suspension mods I've done, I would have to say dampers were the best. I would get the Koni strt and the Steeda ultralites or FRPP p springs. Coil overs are very expensive and give a lot of jounce to the ride. Then sway bars and stb. Lca and uca are good but will contribute a decent bit of nvh. I still recommend them nonetheless

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Will I need relocation brackets for anything? Thanks for the tips!
Need is a bad word to use when you're talking about this stuff. I would highly recommend the brackets for sure when you decide to lower the car (that's the only time they're really necessary, or for drag racing) but they are not needed. The brackets are used to help correct the suspension geometries when the car is lowered and to put more downward pressure on the tires, this helps with traction (hence why they're used for drag racing). These brackets are about the only left for me to upgrade on what I would like to refer to as tier 1 suspension upgrades (lcas, damper, uca, sway bars, springs, pan hard rod, stb, and relo brackets)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Will I need relocation brackets for anything? Thanks for the tips!
If you lower the car, I would say a resounding... YES! When you get on it, there is serious traction loss due to change in suspension geometry/weight transfer. Get those rear lower control arms back to near parallel to the ground. Peeling out without any eventual bite sucks big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts