Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a salvaged mustang from my local insurance auction. 2001 mustang gt 5speed. Bought it for the trans and black interior plus some misc. figured it's never a bad idea to have a spare motor laying around either. Also has bbk intake, full ehaxust minus headers, accel coils, and some gross cobra badges. Car was hit on the back passenger quarter Panal. Bought it for 1100 ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479745500.407430.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479745665.362677.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1479745694.293604.jpg Was wondering if I got a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
246 Posts
WOW! Definitely a great deal. Nice wheels too. I bought a wrecked 1998 Cobra(off EBay locally for $1068.00) one time because I had a '98 at the time. I not only got a lot of the extra parts for mine (parts going obsolete at Ford Dealer)but sold a bunch(still have some for sale now)and covered my initial investment plus another $1700.00 and counting. They came and picked up what was left for free too so it was definitely a great investment. Just having the extra fasteners was great because combing through junkyards and hardware stores is no fun and the dealer doesn't have most of them amazingly enough.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW! Definitely a great deal. Nice wheels too. I bought a wrecked 1998 Cobra(off EBay locally for $1068.00) one time because I had a '98 at the time. I not only got a lot of the extra parts for mine (parts going obsolete at Ford Dealer)but sold a bunch(still have some for sale now)and covered my initial investment plus another $1700.00 and counting. They came and picked up what was left for free too so it was definitely a great investment. Just having the extra fasteners was great because combing through junkyards and hardware stores is no fun and the dealer doesn't have most of them amazingly enough.

I thought it wasn't bad. And yeah spare parts galore is going to be nice, never bought a salvaged car before so I want sure what to bid. Hopefully I'll be able to sell off some stuff like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was able to do the same with my 94. Sold off as many parts as I could, and after I made my money back, gave the rest of the car away to whomever would come and get it. Only took a couple days and it was gone. Made some money and didn't have to haul the scraps away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts