Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my white mustang v6 automatic....I love her so so much...and I traded her in with a 2012 kona blue v6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MANUAL! Any good idea on my new baby mod? And any tips for driving a stick? Since I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was wondering. What year was your previous mustang? And how much did u sell it for and buy your new one for? Basically how much extra did you lose? I wanna do the same and go to a manual

·
Registered
38 Posts
You couldn't have loved her that much ! :love:,
you got rid of her for someone whose been around the block a few times :D

j/k congrats !

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I do believe he had a 2011 Auto

:lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
moto113 said:
I was wondering. What year was your previous mustang? And how much did u sell it for and buy your new one for? Basically how much extra did you lose? I wanna do the same and go to a manual
yes you should...my previous stang is 2011 and added 9000 for my new 2012

·
Registered
744 Posts
Awesome man. Stick is the way to go with a sports car. The clutch is very easy and forgiving so you shouldn't have any problems. Just take it easy.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
congrats. i had a gt auto (06) and now have a 13 manual v6. The auto was fun too. I like the manual a bit better though. good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Tips: Push the clutch to the floor. Don't try and be a slouch and push it in "just enough." It'll come back and bite you in the ass one day as worn out synchros.

If the car doesn't have a shifter bracket mount, you can make it less notchy when shifting if you treat the gear shift like a pistol grip shifters and only apply front/back/side pressure. Don't grip it like a ball and push down, the shifter bracket flexes and you can feel it in the shifts. I didn't believe a guy that said this one day, until I tried it. Shifts are noticeably smoother.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Oh! When going from 2nd-3rd, don't move the shifter yourself. Just give forward pressure with the palm of your hand and let the centering spring shift it over and into 3rd for you. Works like a charm and you won't hit 5th or ram the shifter gate, locking yourself out. ;)

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
I sold my white mustang v6 automatic....I love her so so much...and I traded her in with a 2012 kona blue v6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MANUAL! Any good idea on my new baby mod? And any tips for driving a stick? Since I know nothing about it.
Congrats and welcome to the manual world you will finally see what it is like to truly drive your car!!! All the advice above is perfect use it and you will have a blast!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts