Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished sand blasting my new spindles, calipers, rotors, dust plate last night and wanna paint today? Plus has anyone just clear coated their spindles for that natural bare cast look?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I finished sand blasting my new spindles, calipers, rotors, dust plate last night and wanna paint today? Plus has anyone just clear coated their spindles for that natural bare cast look?
I haven't but it may look pretty decent and new for a good while if you do.

Good brands of spray paints IMO are:

Dupli-Color (Check out their website, they have lots of specialty paints.)
Krylon (I really like their Dull Aluminum paint, it looks like raw aluminum.)
Rust-Oleum (An old stand by, what I don't like is that it usually takes longer to dry.)

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I haven't clear coated my spindles, but I have done my work table with krylon industrial clear coat. It holds up better than any of the others that I've tried at home.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trojan Horse said:
I haven't but it may look pretty decent and new for a good while if you do.

Good brands of spray paints IMO are:

Dupli-Color (Check out their website, they have lots of specialty paints.)
Krylon (I really like their Dull Aluminum paint, it looks like raw aluminum.)
Rust-Oleum (An old stand by, what I don't like is that it usually takes longer to dry.)
Thanks Trojan. I ended up using HVT engine paint. Work really really well. Drys nice too. My new paint for a while. I agree with rust-oleum. I've used that a few times and like it but will not dry very well. Really take a week to get okay dried. Krylon has gone down hill I hear from lots of body shops. Dupli-color is the other paint I would choose with HVT. HVT sprayed nice, laid down nice with no runs and dried really nice.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

93slowstang said:
I haven't clear coated my spindles, but I have done my work table with krylon industrial clear coat. It holds up better than any of the others that I've tried at home.
What I have decided was to paint for now. When I get my own person sand blaster cabinet in a month. I'll restore my original spindles and just test it with clear coat paint and see how it looks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have done a lot of spray can painting in my days, my favorite is without a doubt rust oleum, but krylon has more colour to choose from. Really depends on your application, but stay away from the $0.89 crap on the bottom shelf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts