Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Had a pretty bad blowout on the highway today, anybody have a good reccomendation on tires?
Holy f*ck [email protected]!!

That is what I believe we call a catastrophic failure.

Was someone shooting at you or something? Did you ride the guard rail for fun or something?

Wow. Lucky you didn't loose control.

I'd poop my self.

What kind of tires are you thinking about?

All season, summer, drag.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy f*ck [email protected]!!

That is what I believe we call a catastrophic failure.

Was someone shooting at you or something? Did you ride the guard rail for fun or something?

Wow. Lucky you didn't loose control.

I'd poop my self.

What kind of tires are you thinking about?

All season, summer, drag.
Just straight cruising and boom! Haha but yeah deffinetly lucky i didnt it scared the crap out of me when it happened! And summer!

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

yea ive heard bad stories with those man. what wheel size u running ? are u looking for new rubber all around ?
Came with the car and werent even a worry but yeah now im just looking to replace everything and start with a new brand. And the goodyears were 245/45 17

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just straight cruising and boom! Haha but yeah deffinetly lucky i didnt it scared the crap out of me when it happened! And summer!
I had really good performance (almost unreal) with summer tires - michilin pilot super sports (rears only).

Expensive as hell. But I put down mid 12's at the track with those on heavy ass 20's only 255/35r20 and a tune (and a fat driver... In 110 plus temps... And humid... And 1/2 tank of gas... Haha. )

I would recommend them again. If you don't deal with much rain, you can probably get away with nt-05 drs

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had really good performance (almost unreal) with summer tires - michilin pilot super sports (rears only).

Expensive as hell. But I put down mid 12's at the track with those on heavy ass 20's only 255/35r20 and a tune (and a fat driver... In 110 plus temps... And humid... And 1/2 tank of gas... Haha. )

I would recommend them again. If you don't deal with much rain, you can probably get away with nt-05 drs
Ahh living in wyoming we have such bi polar weather its ridiculous i try and keep it out of snow and heavy rain as much as possible buy i will deffinetly give those a look man

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hankook ventus are a good brand and so are falkens. Not a bad price on them either and they perform better imo against bfgs and goodyears than ive seen. In pepboys we see people drop goodyear for hankooks. Cooper is even a good brand and im talking both front and rears. I got a set of falken 502 rear and hankook v4 no complaints here o er the last 2 years in miami so its definitely summer applications

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Nitto 555, why mess around with the others.

I did like you and tried some others, wasted a bunch of money and ended up with Nitto 555, the king tire for our stangs.

Too many reasons to list from my phone.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Loving my falken fk 452. Great summer tire. If you need all season I couldn't help you. Never bought on in my life. Just summers and winters. Oh, my full set of 275 cross section falken were 484$/set which is awesome. Because my 225 section winters are 1300$/set. Never thought that would happen. But it did.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

MustangGT02 said:
Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tire (275/40-17) 5517766 - Free Shipping!

Those are what I use in the summer, I have 4.10 gears and they hook up great. My dad has nittios on his 12 5.0 and we have decided they are over rated and over priced.
I hate these tires with a burning passion. The compound project down quickly, sidewalls felt like jelly, and they would not grip at all. Fk452 were night and day different. Better turn in. Less wheelspin and better braking.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Rm360 said:
BF Goodrich G force sport is also a very good tire IMO
I do like the gforce sport a lot too. It's more money. There is a new version called compound 2 which is a little better. Those were great tires on my 96gt.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts