Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm starting to notice even more, that while stopped or at a red light, that the car does this vibrating on and off every few seconds, and it's getting really annoying. The only way to get the car to stop is by putting it in Neutral. Anybody know what this could be, and, does it mean that something is wrong? No Engine light or any other light is on. Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Could either be your motor mounts or exhaust hangers hitting One of the brackets. Check those out first and let us know! :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It could also b ur rpms
My baby does tht sometimes when her rpms drop

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you hear some vibrating sound from backside?

Today I heard something vibrate at the rear side...
I can't find the vibrating spot and also it vibrates not specific time... like starting or high rpm or low rpm...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I checked but it seems no problem with that...

A week ago i changed exhaust to stock one. I thought it might be that problem but i cant find any fault..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could also b ur rpms
My baby does tht sometimes when her rpms drop
This! At low RPM's. And when I started it the other day, it almost stalled out. But mostly at low RPM's. I have no clue to what to look for, could it be:

1. Motor Oil...in my mind it may have something to do with the motor oil. I have regular oil changes—could the oil be a winter-capable oil? Low temperatures do amazing things to your car's engine oil, altering its viscosity and making it harder to serve its purpose.

2. Did the SCT Tuner do something that the computer/engine didn't like?

3. O2 sensor, clogged fuel lines, vacuum leak, intake leak?

4. cylinders not firing?

I'm not a mechanic and have no clue what to look at under the hood. Please, any help would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My first guess would be the motor mount(s) as well. Is there any hesitation in acceleration when you step on the gas? It's not your oil. You can do a compression test on your cylinders to see if any are bad - a bad cylinder will cause your idle speed to fluctuate.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first guess would be the motor mount(s) as well. Is there any hesitation in acceleration when you step on the gas? It's not your oil. You can do a compression test on your cylinders to see if any are bad - a bad cylinder will cause your idle speed to fluctuate.
Thanks for your input. There is no hesitation in acceleration. Motor mounts are also good. Perhaps an injector cleaner...I've read that it should be done after every oil change, and that Ford recommends Chevron Techron. How do you do a compression test?...Guess I'll just Google it! lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Buy a compression gauge from your local auto parts store and grab a buddy to help you test. Remove your spark plugs and screw in the gauge in each plug hole. When it's in, have your pal crank the motor for a few seconds and record the reading on the gauge. Do this for all 8 cylinders and then compare the results to whatever the manual states is normal for your engine. Google's always good and I bet there's something on you tube as well if you're still unsure; but it's really a very easy process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts