Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
:D I recently purchased a used 2000 mustang, 5-speed for myself. I was having a mid-life crisis at 50 and always wanted a mustang!!
I love the car. It came with Goodyear Weatherhandler p205/65r15 tires on it. I live in northern virginia and am concerned about how it will handle in the rain and snow. Right now with these tires, it does poorly in the rain. Even from a slow takeoff it doesnt take much for the tires to spin.
Is there a better tire for this car? :?: Any suggestions for winter driving much appreciated :!:

Thanks in Advance
Steve

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not sure how much snow you get there in Northern VA?? I see you are 50, I am 52, if you are like me you grew up driving rear wheel drive cars in the snow, and don't have a big problem with them. Start slow, stop slow, don't make sudden moves if you can avoid it. Happy Mustanging, I have been driving them since '67, off and on.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
yep Like Charles said Michelin Weather wise is a good tire if you are going to stay with 15" rims. And where Charles (SEARS) works is a good place to buy them ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Really, you can make it with just about any tire if you drive right. Those mich are really good though. No tire will save your butt if you don't drive right though. Just keep that in mind. I've seen more 4x4's get stuck in snow and ice by running off the road than rear wheel drive cars and such. All a matter of how you drive.

·
Registered
941 Posts
A good replacement if you are keeping those wheels are a slightly better version of what you already have. I put 225/60/15 (no, no problems with fitting, they are fine) Goodyear Eagle HP's on them a long time ago and while the tread last they did considerably better than my Eagle GA's. The GA's are crap in my opinion.

BFG makes a higher priced alternative that gives performance and good wet/snow traction. (KDWS (K series, Dry, Wet, Snow))

1 - 8 of 8 Posts