Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minimal rust. V8 runs amazing. Needs steering work and still has Teves front calipers and one is sticking so very likely need to buy Akebono front calipers.

But... Can't complain for the price. Guy is PCSing to England so needed it gone asap.

And yes... Still have the Mustang. Yes I know I hardly post anymore (i lurk and moderate) and yes it is getting worked on. To say 2016 has been a cluster **** of a year is an understatement.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
Can't beat that deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is rust that needs taking care of underneath but nothing bad enough a cutoff wheel and some rust stop can't fix.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice score! :)
You can't hardly go wrong for $500.
Agreed

I feel like you are drowning yourself in projects lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nah this is easy. Brakes, some cutoff wheel/spray paint work, tuneup/fluids and then get it aligned at a shop.

Mustang is sitting with a nice IRS swap and waiting for me to get off my *** and clean the garage. Wife's student loans coming due have really ****ed that project tho. One reason I got this, to flip it and make some $$$. I might start doing the part flipping again too like I was doing over the summer finding Cobra engines for $300 and parting them for double or triple to finish funding it without dipping into our monthly budget anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
It always starts easy lol. My wife's loans are doing the same thing and now she wants to go back

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biggest piece of advice with the loans is to just get them the hell paid off and do NOT go back and take out more loans to stay in deferment. Only thing saving my wife (and her mother's) credit is that most of her loans are federal and fall under the IBR (income based repayment). We don't even have to pay those at all and if we file taxes separately her income is so low she will never have to pay more than $150-$200/mo and they'll go away after 20 years.

Also, anyone reading this with kids who want to go to a school and take out student loans to do it. DONT LET THEM. Doesn't matter how much they freak out, they will thank you years down the road. Community college for 2 years and then 2 years at a state funded school working as you go or parents take out small loans as the state schools are not really bad for 2 years. Wife's cousin is doing this and his Parents' paid like $2400 per year in Community College and then paying $7k per year at a state school so like... under $20k for a Bachelor degree from a very good school. And I think he got a few grants to cut that down to more like the $15k level.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice WJ, especially for that price! I still miss our 04 JGC Overland with 4.7HO. It was peppy, sounded great stock, and was a workhorse in the snow. I always found all the DIY info I needed at Jeepsunlimited forum, which has sadly disappeared.

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah im very impressed with how good it sounds bone stock exhaust.

I did order the Akebono calipers yesterday and Rockauto will have them here Friday which rocks. That's Prime speed.

Has a slight drip by the radiator, I'll figure that out too. All little **** that is easy to fix. I already have a bunch of ppl on FB asking me if I'm selling it lol. I'll have about $1200 into it when all is said and done and I know I could get double that at least if its in good shape.

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About to put all the parts on this ****er this weekend if it doesn't snow and then do alignment and put it up for sale. Gonna ask $3k perfect running, minimal underbody rust, V8, trans shifts perfect, Limited model so fully loaded. Think I can get it.

Also gonna sell our CRV because my wife's medication is to the point where she barely drives anymore. Blah... So just the Expedition and the pile of parts in the garage that is the Steeda lmao.

Kicking around getting a new daily actually... Maybe a 11/12 Coyote but... those are now 6 or 7 years old and hard to justify to the wife with the Steeda in the garage. Thinking of a Fiesta ST actually... Small, great mileage, brand new, warranty, quick (ish) and looks good. Or potentially trying to get a leftover 2017 V6 S550 once they announce the 2018 isn't going to have a V6 and the dealers are just trying to get rid of the last ones this fall...

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Wife and I have had three of these over the years; her current ride is a 2016 Grand Cherokee.

The first one we had was a Cherokee with the 4.0 straight six. It went well over 250K miles before we sold it off. Great vehicles that have proven the test of time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts