Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a little problem, I believe my car may be dripping something, its black, I really hope its old oil or something cause I just recently changed my oil but I dont know, im a little frightened, I dont have any $$$, any ideas? :cry:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
most likely oil... Is it big puddles or are there just a few drips here and there? Mines leaked oil for years now, its not a HUGE deal... just gets the driveway a lil dirty :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yea, little drops and stuff, but yea, thats good to hear its not that big of a deal, on another note, I just got flowmasters installed the other week, true dual exhaust cut out the Y-pipe but I didnt have enough money to get some tips (I know im pathetic lol) but just because I didnt get tips, does that affect anything? other then probably my sound?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
make sure you have the oil filter and the drain plug tightened all the way. See if you can pinpoint where it's leaking from exactly.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
A little oil leak never hurt anyone I say, but do what WhiteStang said and check. It's when your dumping in a quart every week that theres a major problem :p

I don't see tips affecting performance very much, but they could chage the sound a bit.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yes tips'll change the sound, and just check to make sure the oil filter is snug...not overtightened either, and check to make sure drain plug is tight. Other than that, make sure filler cap is on...and just make sure ur not dripping too much. If dripping over a quart every few weeks, I'd check my oil pan for a crack.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
all you need to tighten it is finger tight and then a 1/4-1/2 turn more. It doesnt need to be very tight. It will seal itself.

you're fine with those little drops.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh, alot of people will tighten down that oil filter till it won't turn anymore, then complain when they can't get it back off lol. I remember trying to change my dad's oil one day..stupid quick lube people must've used a wrench or something, I ended up ramming my screwdriver through it and getting it off that way...needless to say, not my no spot on driveway oil change I do in my car lol

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
lowflyn said:
needless to say, not my no spot on driveway oil change I do in my car lol
:uhh: :wtf:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I was tired...and out of it. What I meant was when I had to change my dad's oil...I got some on the driveway. When I change my oil, not a drop get's spilled on the driveway. That's what I meant.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
where from, front rear? go look or put card board under the car and then go a bit later and see in what area you are getting the leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts