Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
you definitely have way to much time on your hands lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hooked up a sanding wheel to my drill press and went to town along with some sanding by hand and then a couple hours on the buffing wheel with some different polishes.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Still have some work to do on both before I'm done but I need to move on, It's getting warm and I'm getting itchy to take the car out of my storage bubble!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The polished AC lines and the Throttle body looks clean. How did you guys polish them? And what did you use to polish them? I would really like to know, I would love to spend some time polishing up my Mustang.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Start with a heavy grit sandpaper. I think mine was 250 and sand until you have a good base. Then start sanding with finer grits, I worked my way up to a 2500 and finally wetsanded the two pieces until they were smooth. Then you need to pick up some polishes. I used a red rouge and a white diamond polishing compound and go to town with a 6" bench buffer. Took about 4 weeks working off and on. I also used a cone polishing wheel hooked up to my bench grinder to get in all the crevices on the throttle body.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts