Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rims on the rear of my GT today, mounting and balancing cost me $25 bucks, not bad at all really!! Tires came from Jegs for 230 shipped and all for 2 of them. Look awesome on the GT I think, might be better on 9" rims, but they will do, at least now I can kick her a little and it won't get away from me, LOL.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah, same here. i put 17x8's on today and ran 245/45 up front and 275/40's in the back. it's not the best for handling but it'll grab a little better. (yeah i know you have tons more tq than myself, but since i put the 4.10's in i really do have trouble with traction) 25$ for both mount/balance is a good price! that's for both or each... i'm assuming each, or that'd be a dang good deal. i used to work at a tire shop and could have saved myself a lot of money today. :| and tomorrow when the springs go in i'm going ot have to pay to get an alignment too... not working in a tire shop anymore sucks. and yeah yeah yeah, i'll post pics once the springs go in and i wash her up nice.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, $25 is what they charged to mount and balance both 275/40 Kuhmos. They might have charged me a disposal fee on the old ones, but I kept them. When I looked them over good, I don't think I would really want them back on the front of my car, not as good as I thought, but, I might find someone that can use them on their rear?? Maybe half tread left.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Local owned place here in town, they are pretty reasonable, my nephew worked for them for a good while. The Tire Center of Burlington, 336-226-0206 508 S. Church St. They do a little bit of everything there too.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
i have seen 285s on the stock GT wheels....looked a little strange the way the side wall came in....where I work.....(wal-mart) its 3.50 for the mount, and7.50 for a lifetime balance, but its still a matter of if the person mounting the tires knows what they are doing, so you don't end up with scraped up and gouged wheels. They look nice with more rubber under the rear anyway.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have 275/35/ZR18s on 18x9 front and rear. They look so sweet. Up front they kind of rub a little in hard turns... But they're good. Real good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts