1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
What did they charge you ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I hope you have a built shortblock. Numbers are almost identical to mine with my vortech. Put some rods through the block two weeks ago. Went about six months running strong though. I even knocked it down to 440 rwhp to be a little more safe and it let go anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bored and stroked to a 5.0 forged Manley rods and pistons and a cobra crank hopefully it will stay together

·
Registered
441 Posts
O ya you will be fine then. You could run quite a bit more power before it would start to push the limits. Just make sure fuel system is adequate

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deadsp0t said:
I think very impressive for a 2V motor! Good stuff man!!
Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

stampde said:
Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

onesickstang01 said:
O ya you will be fine then. You could run quite a bit more power before it would start to push the limits. Just make sure fuel system is adequate
Walnro 228hp and 42 lb injectors I thought about putting on some trick flow heads later and a intercooler would definitely need more fuel then. The maf was already dropping off toward higher rpms so I have to figure something out for that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
2v crower cams v2 si-trim 2.95 pulley aftercooler system anderson power pipe 90mm MAF obviously injectors fuel pump boostapump ect. All the bolt ons headers exhaust ect. Now in need of built shortblock lol. I have two 3 inch holes in my block

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
onesickstang01 said:
2v crower cams v2 si-trim 2.95 pulley aftercooler system anderson power pipe 90mm MAF obviously injectors fuel pump boostapump ect. All the bolt ons headers exhaust ect. Now in need of built shortblock lol. I have two 3 inch holes in my block
How much boost were u running?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just out of curiosity what kind of bypass where you using because I heard over 12 you have to buy a different one that's why I'm only running a 3.33 pulley

·
Registered
441 Posts
Stock vortrch supplied bosch bypass. It was just at its limit and would flutter on me at certain rpms if throttle kept at same position for a certain amount of time

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually took it to pro dyno in ft mill south Carolina. A mechanic I talked to recommended them to me. If you need one done that's where I would take it to.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Well thats only a 2 hour drive from my house. Seeing as how i drove to columbia to visit my ex when were together id certainly drive 2 hours to have something done for my car! cause remember, women may come and go, but your car will probably be there thru all of them :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts