Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first time mustang owner. Bought this car for 2100, feel it was a good deal car seems perfect and seems to be running perfect beside the dings on it and what the previous owner tried to do to it which you'll see soon its amazing.
It had 1 owner and seems it was well taken care of.
I plan on in the future getting a new set of rims and dipping them matte black, touching up the decal probably re-stripping it since up close it doesn't look that great.
I want to for now change the muffler/muffler tip I don't have the money to buy a complete set for now I would like to change the muffler and tip, I read getting Flowmaster® - Ford Mustang 2001 40 Series Original Muffler

and also adding a tip like this
Flowmaster/Turn down brushed stainless steel exhaust tip - Weld on (15341) | Exhaust Tip | AutoZone.com

But not sure if that's correct and eventually get a real exhaust system and dual exhaust.

I will then eventually get a nice matte or flat black paint job and maybe the v8/cobra bodykit or a different bodykit not sure yet, this is just an idea not sure.

Any other suggestions? Muffler, bodywise etc?
I probably sound like a noob, but trying to make my break here. :p
Came from having a **** eclipse bought it 6 months ago, week after buying trans blew, has bad pipes underneath 2 months later alternator and battery went a month after that fuel pump went and 2 weeks ago engine went.

Here's just a couple shots I took of it will take more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats man, got mine a couple months ago. ****ing love mustangs now

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats man, got mine a couple months ago. ****ing love mustangs now

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Congrats man:)'

Thanks fellas, sadly can't get to use the mustang as I need to register it which I'll be doing sometime this week so all it's doing is sitting in the driveway, I'll snap some pictures later of it sitting!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to check the oil, and this it the color of the oil.

Doesn't smell burnt, but not sure if this a good thing or normal. The owner before me hasn't had any issues with the car and not sure what oil he used. From what I read it needs synthetic, will be going for a change this week.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats man. It doesn't exactly need synthetic. I use Maxlife 5w-20 with the motorcraft filter. Oil turns that color after being used some time. I'd like to recommend while you wait to buy some Meguiar's PlastX and clean up your headlights with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats man. It doesn't exactly need synthetic. I use Maxlife 5w-20 with the motorcraft filter. Oil turns that color after being used some time. I'd like to recommend while you wait to buy some Meguiar's PlastX and clean up your headlights with some elbow grease.
Thanks man, and oh okay I thought it does from what I read on the web. Going to take to get a oil change, filter and fluids topped. I was worried that something would be bad, but as I said doesn't smell bad and theres a decent amount of oil in there. I was going to use the toothpaste method as I've used that on my eclipse headlights sure it took 4 times to get them looking much better but I'll look into what you suggested since these headlights need work. Does Meguiar's PlastX Work better?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks man, and oh okay I thought it does from what I read on the web. Going to take to get a oil change, filter and fluids topped. I was worried that something would be bad, but as I said doesn't smell bad and theres a decent amount of oil in there. I was going to use the toothpaste method as I've used that on my eclipse headlights sure it took 4 times to get them looking much better but I'll look into what you suggested since these headlights need work. Does Meguiar's PlastX Work better?
Yup. I use PlastX on my headlights, the pony and border in the middle of the grille, emblems, everything plastic

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup. I use PlastX on my headlights, the pony and border in the middle of the grille, emblems, everything plastic

Awesome! Will it rid it completely or just put it in a better condition then it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
112 Posts
Depends on how bad they are, idk. Yours don't seem that bad though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depends on how bad they are, idk. Yours don't seem that bad though
Alright man thanks, is my exhaust set up right? Not sure how mustangs work, I know my eclipse I had a tip on it since I couldn't afford a whole exhaust system right away.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I still have my stock set up. I have read though that a great option for v6 is divorced duals with Thrush mufflers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so my temporary set up I linked in the OP doesn't work well or isn't right?
Also here are some more pictures of the beauty siting in my driveway behind the junk car, well car that's probably getting junked.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Also hood was popped in the picture its not broken :p

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
so my temporary set up I linked in the OP doesn't work well or isn't right?
Also here are some more pictures of the beauty siting in my driveway behind the junk car, well car that's probably getting junked.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Also hood was popped in the picture its not broken :p

Mustangs are supposed to have dual exhaust and it looks wierd for a mustang to have a single exhaust pipe with a tip on it. Its also a dead giveaway that its a v6.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mustangs are supposed to have dual exhaust and it looks wierd for a mustang to have a single exhaust pipe with a tip on it. Its also a dead giveaway that its a v6.
Yeah I know, I have a little v6 can't afford a v8 or a dual exhaust system yet which is why I just want a temp set up to get a nicer deeper sound going on instead of the stock system. Not trying to fool anyone pretending im a v8, I'd just prefer a better sound and from what I read I think its what I posted in the OP but just not sure at all since I'm no car savy and no little to nothing about mustangs.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yeah I know, I have a little v6 can't afford a v8 or a dual exhaust system yet which is why I just want a temp set up to get a nicer deeper sound going on instead of the stock system. Not trying to fool anyone pretending im a v8, I'd just prefer a better sound and from what I read I think its what I posted in the OP but just not sure at all since I'm no car savy and no little to nothing about mustangs.

When i had the single exhaust i had flowmaster 40 and then swapped it for a flowmaster 10's. Now i have pypes m-80's on the duals and i wish i would have kept the 10's on

1 - 20 of 57 Posts