Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my GT takeoffs but now I have a question

I just received my GT takeoffs. I've realized that I really can't get both the exhausts plus the H-pipe in my trunk to take up to the muffler shop. I probably could work on it and get it in there but I had another idea and I'm not sure if it will work. Will the driver side exhaust hook up to my current Y-pipe? If I could go ahead and install it, then all I would have to haul up to the shop is the H-pipe and the passenger side exhaust. Seems like it would work but just wanted to run it by you guys first.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't really think so man, something wouldn't be the right length I am betting. You aren't trying to use the stock GT H pipe are you? It won't fit on your V6.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No..not trying to hook up the H-pipe. Taking that to the shop so it can be used to modify the Y-pipe. Just wanting to hook up the driver side exhaust so I won't have as much stuff to haul up to the shop.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you could get them in your car, pop the trunk flip the seats down and move the pass. seat all the way up. If your trying to bolt up a GT h pipe i don't think that will work at all. Im not sure about just bolting up part of the exhuast....i recently drove my car with the y pipe cut, just cats, it was loud as hell, but if your gentle on the throttle it won't draw alot of attention

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I live in an apartment so the exhaust was left at the office. I couldn't get everything to fit in the car even with the seats folded down and the pass seat was pushed all the way up. With all the bends in the pipe, I would have had one of them in my face. I could get one exhaust and the H-pipe in the car. I'm not trying to bolt up the H-Pipe. I know that won't work. Just trying to hook up the driver side exhaust to my existing Y-pipe. I appreciate the input but I guess I will just mess with it and figure something out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts