Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many of you know about autogeek.net, but I came across it a while back and thought my car and truck could use a little TLC so I bought a power polisher package and decided to try it out today. Below are the results! It's a 3 mile deep shine and no more swirls from automated car washes! Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
So I'm guessing worth the 15 bucks for one ? I've never used one usually Air Dry my car on a drive . Black car doesn't work all that well lol I've tried those spray and dry wax and alot of them are terrible

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Best way to dry i've found is a leaf blower. Hit all the trouble spots first and then start from the top and dry down.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I buy everything from Autogeek...great products and prices. And an excellent forum as well. Sign up as a VIP member and gt 10% off. I also almost always use a leaf blower to dry...but if I must I have a blade and it works well.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Man thats a nice shine, i got a buffer wheel, i just dont know what to get to buff the car w/ so i havent used it yet. What do you suggest.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Looks amazing!!!

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Just remember, a polish or buffing compound is designed to cut into the clear. A wax does not. If you use a lot of polish it is not good for your cars clear coat. You have to be careful around corners. If your cars finish has dulled a little, a good polish or buff with some buffing compound can make it look good as new.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was just looking for like a waxing type deal to help it keep water off better, so the shine'll keep longer without getting water spots from rain, and help the shine pop a little more if you know what i mean. You know what to use?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
There are all kinds of different products and all kinds of different opinions lol. From mothers, to turtle wax. Find one you like. There may be some guys on here with their opinions of what's best. That would be an awesome new thread. Best wax on the market. Ill start it and we ill see.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There are all kinds of different products and all kinds of different opinions lol. From mothers, to turtle wax. Find one you like. There may be some guys on here with their opinions of what's best. That would be an awesome new thread. Best wax on the market. Ill start it and we ill see.
Works for me lol.
Is there any type of cloth or whatever for the wheel that is better for wax?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Works for me lol.
I use a lint free polishing cloth to get everything off my rims. You can get them almost anywhere and they are reusable. I sure wouldn't wash them with my clothes but they work well. I tell you what I hate is tire foaming products that no matter how long you let it sit, still slings crap down my car. They make a gel that you can use, I've not tried it yet but guarantee that I will.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
jkattchee said:
I was just looking for like a waxing type deal to help it keep water off better, so the shine'll keep longer without getting water spots from rain, and help the shine pop a little more if you know what i mean. You know what to use?
Zaino products, pricey but last a long time. Worth more than they charge imo.

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

jkattchee said:
Works for me lol.
Foam wheel. Cloth Baby diapers are hard to beat for hand use.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those of you that live in So. Cal. there is a company called Mark V in Corona that sells commercial detailing supplies. They do retail sales on site and their stuff is amazing quality. I used to own a mobile detail business in So. Cal and we used Mark V exclusively. I've been considering becoming a distributor here in Colorado for them because I miss their products so much.

Mark V is Mother's commercial product line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts