Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchase Koni yellows struts on feb 6 and get them on feb 14. Now I see they are on sale for $40 less for each one. I call to see if I can get the discount since I picked up the struts at UPS location less than 4 days before the sale and I still haven't had time to put them on the car yet. They wouldn't do it. So a part that they are willing to discount that I bought 10 days before and picked up less than 4 days before the sale they won't honor the discount. Thanks AM you got over on me! Congratulations, I hope that makes you guys feel good you got full retail for those struts. Guess won't I won't be doing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Quit Whining. **** Happens!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So any time someone has a complaint about customer service they should just keep their mouth shut according to you. If you have a legitimate reason why my position is wrong then post it but don't come on my thread and try to talk to me like I'm a kid.
If they feel good about getting over on me then so be it. But any business would look at this sale and see that it was mere hours before the discount of the product and for good customer satisfaction they would realize that giving the customer the discount would make good sense for future sales. My buddy is looking to buy lowers upper control with watts link and you can be sure that I'm going to push for him to buy it at BMR site now rather than AM.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Depends on their policy. For example, Home Depot gives you 14 days if you buy something and it goes in sale after your purchase. I don't believe they are screwing you. I think you are over reacting. But, nice rant though.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You bought it when it was advertised at a certain price. I don't see why they should match an item that goes on sale after you've purchased it.

If anything, you should have waited for the Presidents' Day sale to appear before making your purchase.

You paid full price to order it to not wait for the sale.

Instagram: @v6beast

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's called good will with your customer base. When one customer pays a higher price then another one does 8 days later you can't expect that customer to be happy can you. That's why businesses honor the discount even after the purchase has been made. It tells me they don't care so I guess I don't care either.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sounds like you care from your rants about it on here. While I would also be upset, I wouldn't blame them for me paying the full price. That would be my fault for being inpatient. It's pretty well known that AM puts a lot of things up for sale on the holidays. It's usually a hit or miss depending on what your looking for. I bought wheels and tires a little over a year ago from them about 2 weeks before their Black Friday sale. Turns out the the wheels I bought were on sale. While I was upset I didn't wait for the sale, I sure was happy with my purchase and how they looked on my car. (No I didn't contact them and try to get the price difference back, never crossed my mind.)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like I care huh..... wow I didn't know I had to spell it out for you. Yes I care about the overpaying . No, I don't care to buy anything from them again. There can you understand that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I can see it both ways. Do they offer free shipping on reruns? If so I would just return and reorder and tell them there wasting more money on shipping and see if that changes their minds

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CB....really. You didn't hurt nothing. I was just breaking down for you like your a small child.

No they don't do free returns. I tried that. Try said I had to cover it, which in still considering sending it back.

The other part of this that it is bad business is cause now people will see this and then instead of buying the product and knowing the company will take care of them if it is discounted soon they will wait to see if it goes on sale. And from a business stand point that isn't good cause the more time someone waits to buy the more reasons they can decide that they don't need the product. Not good. As a business you want the money ASAP. It's a bad business move!

·
Registered
795 Posts
That was an honest apology that I didn't even spell right. Thanks for being mature about it though.(the last sentence was me being sarcastic.) I will not respond to any immature posts from you.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Return them then buy them again. Doesn't sound like a big deal.

Pick your poison.

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
CB....really. You didn't hurt nothing. I was just breaking down for you like your a small child.

No they don't do free returns. I tried that. Try said I had to cover it, which in still considering sending it back.

The other part of this that it is bad business is cause now people will see this and then instead of buying the product and knowing the company will take care of them if it is discounted soon they will wait to see if it goes on sale. And from a business stand point that isn't good cause the more time someone waits to buy the more reasons they can decide that they don't need the product. Not good. As a business you want the money ASAP. It's a bad business move!

You need a break from the internet for awhile. No more online shopping for you. Go kick your dog or something. :lol:.:blink: It was your fault, not theirs. Jeesh. :nonono:

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
This sort of entitlement is what makes any sort of customer service job a pain in the ***.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.