Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
People are getting 30hp with the addition of other mods offroad x intake etc. Not just a tune by itself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

True. I suppose I am getting these promised numbers from CAI tuner combos. Which I would never get a CAI so it's not apples to apples

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Some of you are over thinking this. What were you expecting 30-40hp with a tune? Then ___ with offroad x? And ___ with boss manifold? So you expect a 100 hp with boltons I'm guessing.

I told him to try lund so he can see # wise probably will be the same. On a car that is 100% stock. All the 5.0's making big # differences, also have headers or something else added not just a tune.

Put it this way back when my car was 100% stock made 378 then with just a offroad x, cai,and tune made 401.

Now it's 440 on motor.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Then you also have to realize that at the end of the day, the tuners are still a business that had to make money. So yes they are going to juice stuff up and market it to a certain crowd that will purchase it.

Notice lund, aed etc do not post up expected # gains from a tune.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
The car is no longer bone stock in these last dyno sessions. The exhaust has been cat-backed with x-pipe and CAI has been added.

Those and tune netted 10 hp. Dead bone stock did 380. Tune, intake and exhaust got and additional 7 hp from a "custom" tune. I'm half tempted to put the stock tune back on it compensated for the JLT size and see what it does. I'm betting it's almost identical to results of the other two.

And no, I don't expect 100 hp gains in an NA motor with bolt-ons....the stem came off this cherry befor you were driving. Like I said, I'll tune it myself....not my first rodeo.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
The car is no longer bone stock in these last dyno sessions. The exhaust has been cat-backed with x-pipe and CAI has been added.

Those and tune netted 10 hp.
The cats are still there though.
It's been proven over and over on these cars that a simple cat back does next to nothing on them. When I added my full catback we saw nothing maybe a 1-2hp increase.

The 5.0's love to breathe, and the stock cats are choking it considerably

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I'm glad you tune yourself, that's awesome so do we on our drag Car's but this is a different rodeo.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
We or YOU. Big difference.

I'm the guy who actually tunes his stuff, not hands off wrenches to my buddies.

You seem to forget, I'm the guy who also street drives an 890 hp turbo LS '88 Mustang, a 1083 hp turbo 496 Chevelle, and a 1551 hp truck.....all built and tuned, by me.

Like I said, my stem came off a long time ago and I'm not an 18 year old kid that buys into hype. I know when guys are speaking about their stuff and OTHER GUYS stuff.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
We or YOU. Big difference.

I'm the guy who actually tunes his stuff, not hands off wrenches to my buddies.
Me, my dad and my uncle. There is no handing off to my buddies.

We build our own stuff. So keep trying to act like a hard ass.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
And I also street drive my fully built e85 nitrous 5.0 that makes over 700.

I was simply trying to explain something to your hard headed ass. Not get into a blah blah blah argument

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Ain't nothing hard headed here....I'm just a little more intelligent on how motors actually work than most folks.

To say something is overthinking the tuning process shows me you don't actually tune your stuff.

Like I said, big difference in ME and WE.

Let's just assume for a second here that I'm a guy that understands the lingo. I'm that guy that calls you out at the track for talking up your buddies ride while you ride shotgun. I'm not new to this.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Ain't nothing hard headed here....I'm just a little more intelligent on how motors actually work than most folks.

To say something is overthinking the tuning process shows me you don't actually tune your stuff.

Like I said, big difference in ME and WE.
Yes your are bc the mods you did, do not do anything for power. Thats what I'm trying to explain to you.

Catback and cai are pretty much useless untill you start getting high up in #'s with the coyote.

Getting rid of the cats, and manifolds make power on these cars. Not the catback and cai.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Dude, you can fart in front of the intake and make 7 hp. 7 hp is the difference in a few degrees of air temp and humidity. 7 hp is the difference in a degree or two of timing. That's how irrelevent 7 hp is.

I don't have to act like a bad ass man, I've done my time. Turned my thoughts from doing bad things to smart things. But I also don't listen to dudes talking theory about other peoples stuff. So unless you can speak intelligently on the actual tuning process and not what your dad and uncle are doing, the door is on the left.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Dude, you can fart in front of the intake and make 7 hp. 7 hp is the difference in a few degrees of air temp and humidity. 7 hp is the difference in a degree or two of timing. That's how irrelevent 7 hp is.

I don't have to act like a bad ass man, I've done my time. But I also don't listen to dudes talking theory about other peoples stuff. So unless you can speak intelligently on the actual tuning process and not what your dad and uncle are doing, the door is on the left.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I don't have to act like a bad ass man, I've done my time. Turned my thoughts from doing bad things to smart things. But I also don't listen to dudes talking theory about other peoples stuff. So unless you can speak intelligently on the actual tuning process and not what your dad and uncle are doing, the door is on the left.
This isn't other people's stuff. So for 1 you can stop talking to me like I'm some little kid.
I'm 25 married with 2 kids.
Run my own business also

So that's what you can do to begin with.

2. I told you, back when my car was stock. my car made 378 stock.
With addition of a offroad x pipe, cai, and tune made 401. Thats a 22hp gain. And it came from the cats being deleted with a tune.

Only power mods you have are the tune. Sure you will pick up some #'s messing with cam timing but do not expect alot. Try deleting the cats and playing with the cam timing.

There is plenty of timing tables to mess with and plenty of limiters you Wil have to get passed.
On normal coyote to spin to 7800+ you have to swap over to the boss software.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
And like I said, I was doing this before you were driving, so yes, you are still wet behind the ears. I figured you for that 19-25 age group as the attitude and perceived experience is right in that range.

I don't care about your business, your personal life, your kids, your dog, whatever.....has ZERO relevence to the matter of discussion. Hell, I'm a 40 year old retired Army dude with his own business and enough sense to know I don't want kids.....what's that got to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing.

As I said, not my first rodeo tuning. I know all about limiters, modifiers, multipliers, multiple timing tables, etc. I was probably beta testing for EFILive before you even had a drivers license. My stuff gets tuned by me. I'm th guy at the track looking at other guys tunes to see whats wrong. I'm the guy with the mechanical engineering background that understands the physics and chemistry of tuning a motor.

So, now that we have resumes out there and balls hanging out, do you tune your junk or let someone else do it. ME or WE.....big difference.

Argue with the rest of the kids, I'm well beyond that nonsense.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
So if your so intelligent, why did you go to bama for your tune?
Of all the tuners around you choose bama.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Because I really didn't feel like screwing with the car and buying new software to tune for a pretty minimal gain. Plain and simple, didn't want to mess with it. I'm not about to reinvent the wheel when the wheel is already round just to make it 1% rounder.

Short answer....I was being lazy and like to dedicate my time to other things, which there are plenty that are higher on the priority list.

Now, do we want to stay on this path or speak like actual intelligent adults here? We can both talk stupid to each other or understand that neither of us is automotively retarded.

·
Registered
774 Posts
epic pissing match we have here lol. Rapinator seemingly has some knowledge but he is arrogant about it for sure, used to annoy me at first, but now I just roll my eyes at him when he starts popping off

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I understand not wanting to tune it yourself to begin with. I honestly understand that.
I'm just curious what made you choose bama?
Not insulting in any way just a honest question on why you went with them.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
I understand not wanting to tune it yourself to begin with. I honestly understand that.
I'm just curious what made you choose bama?
Not insulting in any way just a honest question on why you went with them.

Lol that's what I thought too.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

61 - 80 of 120 Posts