Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An automatic late model V6 mustang will run mid 16s at best stock. I can see a manual hitting low 16s and maybe high 15s. A new 3400 v6 GA will run low 16s with a few factory freaks that I've seen run very high 15s. So right there you can see that stock for stock the money goes on the GA beating the auto Stang and it being a drivers race with the manual.
If I am not mistaken, can't 99+ v6 stangs with autos run in the high 15s and 5 speeds in the low 15s? That is what I posted in response anyhow??http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=181268&goto=newpost

·
Registered
941 Posts
i ran a grand am gt from a 50mph roll on the highway when my car was stock, and pulled on it easily. i met with the guys afterwards and they hadn't ran it at the track, and neither had i run mine, we were both newbies. stock i ran [email protected] with a 2.2 60', if i was to hazard a guess, it's be 16.2 with a max of 16.5. those are speculative and very very INACCURATE, but from my experience. rick my car is a 00 5spd fyi.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
who cares what they think of mustangs, all of us here know the real truth.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep getting email notifications every time one of them posts on that like 8 page thread over there, so now and then I throw in a comment for the hey of it, I actually think its sort of commical. LOL

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, as GMs go, and I am not saying I like any GM much, I have always had a soft spot for some of the pontiacs too, the old GTOs, and some of the Firebirds and Transams, they looked a site better than the Camaros in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EclipseGSTdude, its never been run, there is no 1/4 mile strip near here, have to go up by Petersburg to Dinwiddie VA or down to Rockingham, NC for that, we have a local 1/8th mile strip, its not set up for dragstrip really, specially not with since it got the Cobra IRS with 3.55s, and I would hate to break something. A lot of mods ago it dynoed at 230something rwhp which translated to about 290bhp with an auto, so I figure its well over 300 bhp now.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
does a singleport V6 with the auto really run low 17's to high 16's? wow thats horrible, sorry if anyone with a stock singleport gets offended. but i know the potential for singleports, dont gotta lecture me. ive been here long time.
yep... its true :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
6 cyls really are the bastards of the performance world. v8's got the cubes and aftermarket, and most 4 bangers have block that can hold 400, if not 800hp, depending on make. we are that bastard child in between, but it's all good.

my dad had a '67 gto 4 barrel holley carb, you could hear the two opening up when you really goosed it he said, i've always wanted one as a weekend car.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
EclipseGSTdude said:
i had to add my word. stupid people, why take a slow car and try to make it fast? isnt that what a honda is for?

me, i like to take a alright fast car and make it faster. thus i chose a dsm as my weapon of choice. shouldve gotten a gsx, but none are for sale around here. dam cali peeps hoarding all the good cars. anyways, what are they thinking. rick what are your times with that beast btw, 12's? reinhart performance make excellent chips, btw.

does a singleport V6 with the auto really run low 17's to high 16's? wow thats horrible, sorry if anyone with a stock singleport gets offended. but i know the potential for singleports, dont gotta lecture me. ive been here long time.
Lecture Lecture lecture HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA I am not a slow ass Singleport V6. Lecture Lecture Lecture !!!! :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Haha, as GMs go, and I am not saying I like any GM much, I have always had a soft spot for some of the pontiacs too, the old GTOs, and some of the Firebirds and Transams, they looked a site better than the Camaros in my opinion.
LECTURE LECTURE Trans am better than Camaro Z-28 ??? Only if you talk about last generation. Rick you need to lay off some of that medication you are on from the 60's to the mid 90's the camaro was much better looking

BY GOD !!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehehe, I should have known that would get a comment out of you Corey, lol. Didn't even think about you being an old Camaro guy when I wrote that really. My favorite uncle was just big on Pontiacs for some reason, that might be why I liked them, not sure, he never had a firebird or a GTO though, just big old pontiac 2 doors, can't even remember what they were, scared me half to death in them a few times though. One I know was a 59 that he drove for a lot of years. He also bought a 65 2+2 289 Mustang new not long after they came out too, didn't keep it real long, but I was in love with that car, also had an XK Jaguar convertable for a short time too, I was also in love with that, still have not owned one of those though. Maybe some day, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Oh dont get me wrong the last few years of the Camaro they looked like roaches!! Maybe Fast roaches!! But still roaches. That is why I got a Stang. HAHAHAHAHHA

I love all the Muscle cars from the late 60's early 70's

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
i like camaros too. i wish my mom kept her 1980 camaro, had a full body kit(like ground flares or something, looks hella sweet) a big hood, some fat ass tires and i guess the guy she bought it from did some internal crap (heads, cams and stuff) she said it was hella fast, but sold it for the dam MINIVAN!!!!!!!!!!! i got 1 pic of it, id show you all it, but my dad is in front with some low cut bike shorts from the 70/80's, like a dam baseball uniform or somethin. dam hippies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts