Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new Michelin AS 3+ tires are great tires, but the ‘Stang is in storage right now until spring. I do drive it occasionally during the winter just to get the fluids warm, and the last time I did that it took almost 20 miles before the tires rounded out from the flat spots.......These tires seem to flat spot much worse than the Pirelli’s did.....the vibration was rather severe when I got on the freeway, you know?
I decided I wanted the tire cradles (four plastic concave platforms) that would prevent this in the future. I was flabbergasted at the prices most wanted for these — most were around $100 or more per corner!!! That is just stupid pricing for four pieces of plastic.
A little further sleuthing, and I found these:

https://www.campingworld.com/tire-cradles-set-of-2

Under $30 for all four? DEAL! On my way when they open today as I called and they have 12 in stock. If you want cradles, I think that these may be the way to go — especially at the price. If they will support RV tires and weight, they should be more than heavy duty enough for the ‘Stang.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Camping World tire cradles are working just great, and the 18” tires seem to fit them well. The only challenge was trying to get into them on the slick garage floor, as they kept sliding when the tires first contacted them. I put them on a towel each, and drove right up on them. Feels a lot better not to have the tires flat spotting on that cold, cold garage floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts