Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend James has two Garrett T3 Turbos, one new and one rebuilt, with blow off vavles for $500.00. Or less. He said he just wants to get rid of them. I was promised a turbo last time but it got ran over. :no:

I might just buy one. I don't know. I know I'll have to run under 10psi with the stock pistons but what else will I need. How should I run the headers, downpipe, exhaust system.

Need alot of help.

·
Registered
567 Posts
refer to aim conversation last night ;)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
James is gonna bring the turbo by today. I'm thinking we're gonna fabricate to fit on his 97 and then just cut it off (if it works) and put it on mine.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
10psi is rather high on turbos. remember, turbos make more boost than do blowers. i would run about 7psi which would be about 11-12psi on a blower. also, it would be intercooled so that would help.

i personally would buy the new instead of the rebuilt one, but thats just me.

to fab up the kit, youll need a ton of tubing. you could just turn the stock shorties around to use them as exhaust manifolds. i would buy the tubing because being off just 1mm can be very bad. there is someone who is selling all the custom tubing on 3.8 for about 1500-2000. that is a pretty good price IMO.

i would reverse the headers, put the turbine in a spot where the downpipe is easily accesable, then run the piping and IC that way too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
and NX is cheaper than Zex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts