Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend James has two Garrett T3 Turbos, one new and one rebuilt, with blow off vavles for $500.00. Or less. He said he just wants to get rid of them. I was promised a turbo last time but it got ran over. :no:

I might just buy one. I don't know. I know I'll have to run under 10psi with the stock pistons but what else will I need. How should I run the headers, downpipe, exhaust system.

Need alot of help.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
10psi is rather high on turbos. remember, turbos make more boost than do blowers. i would run about 7psi which would be about 11-12psi on a blower. also, it would be intercooled so that would help.

i personally would buy the new instead of the rebuilt one, but thats just me.

to fab up the kit, youll need a ton of tubing. you could just turn the stock shorties around to use them as exhaust manifolds. i would buy the tubing because being off just 1mm can be very bad. there is someone who is selling all the custom tubing on 3.8 for about 1500-2000. that is a pretty good price IMO.

i would reverse the headers, put the turbine in a spot where the downpipe is easily accesable, then run the piping and IC that way too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts