Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a law restricting green hid headlights in New Hampshire, would I get a ticket if I did the conversion?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Not sure about the laws, but one thing I can tell you is that the green color will attract the cops' attention a lot more. And if you have the HIDs in the Halogen housing, you might get a ticket for that since HIDs are designed for Projector housings. Halogen housing can't focus the light properly and usually end up blinding oncoming traffic. Most, if not all, states do have a law stating that HIDs are illegal in halogen housings. Most people do it anyway and I know a lot of cops don't enforce it. Best way to put it is that there are a lot of factors that go it to it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
technically you cant install HIDs in a car that didnt come factory with them I do believe, or they have to be DOT approved, so all of the ones you can buy are really for "off road use only" it may vary state to state.

With green you are looking to get pulled over left and right regardless.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yes, it is illegal

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Like the others have said, it's a reason to get pulled over. Maybe you won't but there's a better chance. They look cool I guess but that's it. Maybe if you did just the fogs it'd be better as you can just shut them off.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
They are technically illegal but the only way a police officer can tell is if the car is impounded and they search it but the cop has to have a legitimate reason to impound it but be careful even too dark of tint can get it impounded for "driving an unsafe vehicle" so make sure you're not running anything that impairs vision or anything like that. But personally I think green hids would be sick!! After market hids are my favorite mod and if I had a black mustang I would have them but sadly green and purple do not go with grabber whatsoever so white it is!!! Haha

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
NicholasP said:
They are technically illegal but the only way a police officer can tell is if the car is impounded and they search it but the cop has to have a legitimate reason to impound it but be careful even too dark of tint can get it impounded for "driving an unsafe vehicle" so make sure you're not running anything that impairs vision or anything like that. But personally I think green hids would be sick!! After market hids are my favorite mod and if I had a black mustang I would have them but sadly green and purple do not go with grabber whatsoever so white it is!!! Haha
Many areas are making it where you cannot pass inspection with these illegal lights. If you want to take the risk then go for it. Don't get upset when someone like myself shines a million candlepower spotlight in your eyes because that is exactly what you morons are doing to me

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
using housings to project HID level lights that are not designed for it = blinding people. If its a projection setup and its setup right its fine, but most just shove them in OEM housings that are not designed for it. They do make ACTUAL nice looking retro kits but they are NOT cheap at all vs just the crap that you can buy online for 150 bucks that look horrible.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
lowflyn said:
Many areas are making it where you cannot pass inspection with these illegal lights. If you want to take the risk then go for it. Don't get upset when someone like myself shines a million candlepower spotlight in your eyes because that is exactly what you morons are doing to me
This is true if you have inspections in your state they will bust you but if you only have emissions then you're fine

·
Registered
339 Posts
There's a guy around my area that has the green hids in a stock housing he never gets pulled over... I have the white blues in and never have any trouble... I'm looking for the green ones but can't find them...

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
lowflyn said:
Is there a crybaby smiley face :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts