Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Honestly not sure. Hope it's a replacement so it doesn't restrict airflow.
I'd consider buying it and having it powder coated myself if it is this way. I hate the fact my current grill has to use the stock GT surround.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd consider buying it and having it powder coated myself if it is this way. I hate the fact my current grill has to use the stock GT surround.
+1. I just wish I could find the manufacture website to locate that grill. It almost looks like it also replaces the plastic separator between the lights and the stock grill.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
+1. I just wish I could find the manufacture website to locate that grill. It almost looks like it also replaces the plastic separator between the lights and the stock grill.
That's what I mean by the GT surround bracket. It is the piece that goes between the lights and grill.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
K, I'm trying to decide on a new look to the front of my car. I like the look I have now but saw this and thought I could get it black powdercoated and might look even better. What you all thinking?
I think your best bet would be to get the retro grill from AM and powdercoat it. The Roush one is kinda similar but seems higher quality to me but more expensive. But since u plan to powdercoat I think the AM grill would work best, it'll definitely clean up your front... Too many lights going on :-o IMHO

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I think your best bet would be to get the retro grill from AM and powdercoat it. The Roush one is kinda similar but seems higher quality to me but more expensive. But since u plan to powdercoat I think the AM grill would work best, it'll definitely clean up your front... Too many lights going on :-o IMHO
I would get the roush because the other oner that I have isn't perfect. It will require some extra work to clear off the imperfections. I'll see if I can get you a picture tomorrow that shows them.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would get the roush because the other oner that I have isn't perfect. It will require some extra work to clear off the imperfections. I'll see if I can get you a picture tomorrow that shows them.
Yea I have the Roush grill also, I guess I only mentioned it for price and its going to get painted anyway, but fitment and quality will have to go for Roush... Plus with the Roush bumper it would go perfect

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Black 5.0 u need some lowering springs it would make ur car look awesome

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the Roush lower on mine. I do not mind the six front lights lol.

I think the big opening looks a bit silly, in mynopinion.
I've had mixed opinions. Since I have the tvs inter cooler behind it I like the unrestriction of airflow. But I'm not on a track so probably won't see the benefit of open versus having the grill.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
poloka said:
I've had mixed opinions. Since I have the tvs inter cooler behind it I like the unrestriction of airflow. But I'm not on a track so probably won't see the benefit of open versus having the grill.
Tvs intercooler? What does that do? I mean, the GT500 has a big goofy opening...lol, but I like that one

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tvs intercooler? What does that do? I mean, the GT500 has a big goofy opening...lol, but I like that one
The intercooler for both tvs2300 eaton superchargers used in the Roush and '13 GT 500 is mounted below and in front of the radiator. Most of the airflow from the lower dam is directed upward into the cooler.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts