Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help, today my car started acting up. i was driving home on the highway and got cought in some traffic getting onto 95 off 495 and when i was going slow (15mph and slower) my car makes a grinding sound every time the tire goes around and my breaks are realy stiff and it feels like i have a loos of power as if my foot is resting on the break pedel wile i'm driving. what would cause this too happen? (oh and when i go slow in revers i get a constant rubbing nois that is prity faint) PLEASE HELP ME

·
Registered
574 Posts
Your caliper is seized.

Or your rotors are really messed up.

I had the same thing happen to me. Except my rubbing noise wasn't very faint in reverse.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, its the rear driver side. i didnt realize it before but i washed my car yesterday and i went out and looked at my rims and all of them are clean accept the rear driver side,it was break dust all over it, and that is the one that is rubbing. (i had my roomate drive slow wile i walked next to the car and that one is constantly rubbing) thanks for the help!

·
Registered
414 Posts
You'll need a new caliper, and you'll need that rotor machined. Probably cost you around $20 or so to have that done.

Not sure how much a rear caliper is. I had mine stick once. I took it off, and cranked it back in and then it worked. To compress the rear calipers you ahve to screw them in. There's to notches on the top of the piston and if you have a big set of needle nosed pliers you can use them to turn it. It's a really fine thread so be preparted to crank on it for several minutes. They make a tool for it I think, but big pliers work ok.

good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts