Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought a pair of gt 40 heads :) not the p heads
And well. Was wondering do I need to take out the entire motor to put them on or can I do it just like that :) is it easy or difficult :) advice anything would help and if u guys have a link to a video that shows how to remove or install I'd apprechiate that :)

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Hey guys I bought a pair of gt 40 heads :) not the p heads
And well. Was wondering do I need to take out the entire motor to put them on or can I do it just like that :) is it easy or difficult :) advice anything would help and if u guys have a link to a video that shows how to remove or install I'd apprechiate that :)
You can leave the motor in to install the heads. It is a lot easier to do it on an engine stand but not necessary if you don't have the equipment. If you don't already have one, a Haynes or Chiltons manual is a must. It's fairly easy as long as you follow the steps in the manual.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the response :) would u think I'll feel a big diffrence on the car? The heads are ported as well so do I need a diffrent type of gaskets? What about the cylinder heads should I spend like 60 $ for one cylinder gasket or should I go with the 20$

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Thanks a lot for the response :) would u think I'll feel a big diffrence on the car? The heads are ported as well so do I need a diffrent type of gaskets? What about the cylinder heads should I spend like 60 $ for one cylinder gasket or should I go with the 20$
I'm using the fel pro "9333-pt1" gaskets and they seem to be just fine. You shouldn't need a different type of gasket. I did a H/C/I swap when I did mine and felt a nice difference in performance. If you're doing just the heads I'm not sure how much you'll notice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much where those?? :)
But I should feel a diffrence over the stock e7 heads rite I mean ppl say the gt 40 heads give u atleast 40-50hp just by bolting them on and these where redone with valve job double coil and there ported so I'm issuing It should be a good amount rite? Lol

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
How much where those?? :)
But I should feel a diffrence over the stock e7 heads rite I mean ppl say the gt 40 heads give u atleast 40-50hp just by bolting them on and these where redone with valve job double coil and there ported so I'm issuing It should be a good amount rite? Lol
They were 20 a piece. You should notice a difference in performance, but the gt40 heads alone won't net 40-50. They net around 20-30 in stock form. Since they're ported you should get a nice bump in Hp over that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh damn 20 bucks that's pretty cheap and they have been working fine and everything ever since?
What about a torque wrench would I need that as well?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Well my car has a cold air, bbk long tube headers as well with 4.10 gears and the timing is bumped up a bit :)

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Oh damn 20 bucks that's pretty cheap and they have been working fine and everything ever since?
What about a torque wrench would I need that as well?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Well my car has a cold air, bbk long tube headers as well with 4.10 gears and the timing is bumped up a bit :)
Yes, you will definitely need a torque wrench. If you can swing it you should put a cam in while you have the heads off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts