Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an 87 gt, (non mass air) and recently i installed a gt-40 upper and lower intake, 24lb injectors and bbk 70mm throttle body. Once i got it together and started it up, it was idling at 1800rpms. I noticed that the bottom of the upper gt-40 did not have the same number of hoses as the stock manifold (therefore i had to T some hoses). Muscle mustangs and fast fords article said to transfer the vaccuum tree over to the new intake, but i am confused on how to do this?? Also, the lower gt-40 does not have the required :wtf2: space for the temperature sensor so i have half a sensor just hanging around with nowhere to plug into. I take it that the throttle position sensor is the little screw that you can back out and in, I have backed it completley out and now the car is still idling at 1500? Im not sure what to do, so if any one has done this before and can assist me, please give feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the stock TB on the gt-40 and it acted like it was not getting enough air. It seemed as if there was a huge vaccuum leak, shaking and sputtering. But, this kinda makes sense because i beleive the gt-40 is set up for a 70mm, so a 58mm would prally hurt it...... Tomorrow im going to take it to an expert and see what he says, because im stumped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts