Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
10-15 fly wheel horse , but once you have matching heads and cam will could see 20-25
It's a little more than then that. They have cars dynoing close to hp 300hp with gt40 heads and intake, and a FRPP cam.

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's a little more than then that. They have cars dynoing close to hp 300hp with gt40 heads and intake, and a FRPP cam.
Agreed, if you have a good set of heads to go with it and your other mods, I've seen some put down more than 300 rwhp with proper tubing and cam choice.

I know you listed TB, and 24lb injectors... Stock heads?

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Tuning, I hate auto fill

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have 70mm throttle body 75mm maf and 24lbs injectors

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Yes heads are stock for now but plan on getting the gt-40p heads.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Good plan. I've seen guys who have tuned their combo with untouched GT40p motors out of explorers, with 24lb injectors and upgraded intake, Tb, MA, cam, and exhaust push 300rwhp and more.

I've got a set of untouched gt40p's going on my fox also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does any have an idea what kinda power gains I'll get by bolting on a gt 40 intake??
Don't be fooled by people out there selling the gt40 they are pretty rare everyone seems to think there intakes a gt40 so just do a little research when looking to buy one my buddy bought one an when he got it home and showed me is was a stock 5.0 intake off of a fox lol he didn't know any better do just watch out for those people trying to make a quick buck

·
Registered
829 Posts
Don't be fooled by people out there selling the gt40 they are pretty rare everyone seems to think there intakes a gt40 so just do a little research when looking to buy one my buddy bought one an when he got it home and showed me is was a stock 5.0 intake off of a fox lol he didn't know any better do just watch out for those people trying to make a quick buck
Wow! That's crazy!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
FordRacer_51 said:
What cam should I run I was thinking trick flow stage 1
I have a x303 it sounds really good but the TF stage 1 have a great sound an matched with the right heads both can make good power I would go with the TF stage 1 never heard anything bad about them I just got a great deal on the x303 an it working great with my edelbrock heads an intake don't know dyno numbers yet...

·
Registered
672 Posts
I always thought the FRPP E cam went well with a GT40 motor. I've seen quite a few GT40 foxes put down around 280 rwhp with a stock gt40 top end, e cam, 1.7 roller rockers (which are practically required for a new cam with stock gt40 heads) and all the stock stuff off their old 5.0 e7 motors.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts