Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M in prosses of puting a gt 40 top end on my 89 mustang. My ? Is do i need to also change the cam or did gt 40 use same stock cam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnks bud

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Was ginna wait and go with trickflow. But got gt 40 setup cheap and had to tear apart to fix leaks so figured what rhe hell. Think ill throw a e cam in while im at it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
An e303 would be a great addition to that setup
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
Yep a good old school out of date alphabet cam will work just fine. The b cam is a good choice as well.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

93slowstang said:
Yep a good old school out of date alphabet cam will work just fine. The b cam is a good choice as well.
Oh and I an rockin an E-cam with my gt40 setup. :good:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
It's the set-up I have right now! It seems to be an introductory set up while you save the money for something huge like turbo or displacement change
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
wc3john said:
It's the set-up I have right now! It seems to be an introductory set up while you save the money for something huge like turbo or displacement change
yes exactly. a gt40 setup will net you around 20-30 hp as were a good top end kit can net you 100-125+ hp. and of course a forced induction application will net you even more. :good:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
dreamstang said:
yes exactly. a gt40 setup will net you around 20-30 hp as were a good top end kit can net you 100-125+ hp. and of course a forced induction application will net you even more. :good:
The gt40 heads alone will net between 20-30 Hp, the whole setup nets around half of the nice kits.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
93slowstang said:
The gt40 heads alone will net between 20-30 Hp, the whole setup nets around half of the nice kits.
how come 95 cobras dont make more hp then? i know they are detuned a little bit, but still dont make any where nears 50 more than a fox or non cobra.

*edit* i meant underated. and i know the intake is slightly different in flow but still close. and also not questioning your expertise just wondering. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Underrated I believe...

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Along with that lost of the time you do a hci swap, you already have headers and exhaust
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
wc3john said:
Underrated I believe...

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Along with that lost of the time you do a hci swap, you already have headers and exhaust
True.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

And other supporting mods I suppose. Some people that do the swap notice a difference, and I have seen some that were a little disappointed. The supporting mods definitely help. :good:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
dreamstang said:
True.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

And other supporting mods I suppose. Some people that do the swap notice a difference, and I have seen some that were a little disappointed. The supporting mods definitely help. :good:
The supporting mods definitely make a difference.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top