Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off here are the pics. They suck, I'm sorry. Apparently all the rechargeable batteries in my apartment no longer hold a charge and the backup set of AAs that were supposed to be good through 12/2017 failed prematurely. I'll get better pics soon.

image-3237316794.jpg

image-4012519500.jpg

image-3183044129.jpg

image-2911626739.jpg

Now, the install of the fascia was very easy. Just pull the front up on ramps and follow the directions. You will need a 9/32 socket, which is pretty uncommon IMO. The only one I had was 1/4" drive lol.

The billet grille was a total ***** to install. You have to separate the stock grille insert from the shroud, and its almost impossible. After ****ing with the tabs for 20 mins I just cut the bastards off. You then have to drill holes into the putter grill at some impossible angles, and stang a good chance of having to bend the tabs into place (the instructions even mention this). It looks great once you get it sorted out, but the install is snake PITA.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is this grill different than the Saleen,(install wise) mine was a breeze.
You have to re-use the part that goes around the insert that has the pony/foglights. It's a major pain to get out. The holes are drilled in that flimsy piece of plastic while you hold the new insert in place.

From what I understand, the Saleen grille replaces the entire assembly.

The instructions here might make a bit more sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts