Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i might be able to get a gt donor car here really soon. and i have been thinking about making mine a v8. and i wanted to kno how hard is it if I have the whole car to pick parts from. im thinking I need the fuel stuff, the 8.8, the comp harness, and the engine and there is prolly more but i think im going to find and artical on how to do this so i should kno shortly. is it really hard? has any one ever done it? thanks for the help
mike

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The only thing I have seen close is the one on www.stangparts.net its for swapping in a 5.0, so its going to be a bit different, but it will give you the general idea of what would be necessary. Its a big job and doing it with a donor car and doing most of the work yourself would be the only way to do it without spending a total fortune on parts and labor! If you have a mechanically inclined friend that is willing to lend a hand that will help as well. Get ahold of as many Manuals pertaining to your car and the GT as you can find, these will also be valuable. Might be easier to take body parts from your car and fix the wrecked GT! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts