Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you that have done this can answer a question for me?

I know that in order to use the GT w/fogs grille I have to get a GT grille surround as our chrome surround and grille are all one piece. I have been looking on eBay and some of the sellers are using a diagram that shows 3 pieces. I have read posts from people that have done the swap and they make no mention of this 3rd middle piece. Is this something that you can go without? I'm guessing it's some sort of trim piece.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did this swap and there is no extra piece. It's just the surround and the grille insert.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
yeah but it's expensive as hell bc that piece alone on cjpony is like 200 dollars.... try to search the for sale forum on here, that's how i got mine. and don't pay a lot either. i got mine for like 125 shipped if i recall...some people asking like 250+, and that's TOO high. a lot of GT guys sell theirs, so check that out and youll get the whole thing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I believe there's a couple of them for sale on Craigslist - Phoenix. You might get them to ship it. Not sure if it's the hollow one or the Honeycomb one. I cut the Honey Comb out on mine except for 2 strips of them to bolt the grille to. Came out good.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I did this swap and there is no extra piece. It's just the surround and the grille insert.

^ This ^

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Now I just need to get my hands on a used one

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Thanks everyone! Now I just need to get my hands on a used one

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
like i said, keep checking the for sale forum here. go make a wanted post asap so anyone who's got one to sell will hit you up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts