Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to swap on the '13 GT hood to get those functional vents, plus they look cool! Has anyone done this already? Would you just go for an aftermarket hood instead? are the vents just a kit you can put in? The heat shield on the underside had bump outs for those vents...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Might want to double check how those vents are installed. If memory serves, they're flush which means the hood was countersunk stamped to allow them to recess. Go look at a GT hood before you even consider cutting to get one to fit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just asked my friendly neighborhood Service Manager while he was here grabbing lights...Straight swap. No mod needed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Watch your alignment when getting it on, if you close it while it is misaligned, you can get into some expensive paint and body work ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
used black 13 hood for sale on ebay. it is marked as a 12. does not include the vents which you would need to buy from them or ford i gather. 550 shipped is what they want. honestly i would go aftermarket. also, the hood vents leak water right onto your air filter box fyi. if you have a cold air intake you will be cursing them. wtf was ford thinking? lol. no bueno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts