Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to update you all on the progress of repairing my car... The fender is off, door completely taken apart, rear quarter removed, rear quarter window removed, both bumpers off, trunk lid off, New fender in, New door in, New Quarter in, New GT HOOD SCOOP TODAY :D.... the only thing left I'm waiting for would be the Saleen Side Scoops and the decals. Those should be here in the next day or two. I get to go see my car today to see what all he has put on of the new. He's also fixing a few minor scratches, and chips from rocks. Oh, and this curb the lady who owned it before me backed into and scratched up the rear bumper... all free of charge :). Keep you updated again later... and post pictures when complete. (exhaust will be after vehicle is completed)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
nice sounds sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
no just drill through the hood as far as i know 232, someone else might correct me, but i cant think of anything that would require cutting?

·
Registered
941 Posts
about 150-175 painted.
do a search.

yes they bolt-on. measuring takes a while. i've installed three of them and they aren't my favorite jobs for sure!

·
Registered
75 Posts
mach 1 is a shaker hood.. not a hood scoop.. shaker hood is actually part of the engine (well.. intake) and is functional, that sticks up threw the hood. a gt hood scoop does simply bolt on .. and quite a pain in the neck to get it right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well if it's so hard to do and seeing as they're so expensive, why not just buy a complete hood from someone or trade someone with a gt trying to go sleeper

·
Registered
941 Posts
its not hard, just takes some time. drilling holes in freinds' hoods isn't my favorite stress reliever. i don't find 150 or so expensive?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
It should come with a template. Just remember to ground yourself before you drill.

Also, the Mach 1 hood is different. Kinda has a 95 Cobra R hood style with it. That's why with the Classic Design Concepts shaker hood, they include a black piece of palstic to even out the shaker scoop.

But, you can also buy the Mach 1 style fiberglass hood at swap meets with the scoop already cutout for like $100.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts