Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 3.8 coupe.. I was wondering what you would do if you were me I could have enough money in bout a month or so to buy a nice supercharger setup or do you think I should wait and save money and wait a couple years and get a GT... let me know what you guys think....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ran a 13.3 with plain street tires, 91 octane, 3900lbs, 4000ft altitude, no tire heat up, 96 degrees outside, and the top down. You can do it with a V-6, but it's just not as easy.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
well it all depends on what u want. the fact is, is that if u have 3.5kish to drop in to your v6 for a procharger 11 psi kit u can build about 280 rwhp depending on tranny and other factors. 280 compaired to 220 or so for a stock gt, but by the same token your not going to come close to the tq figures of a gt and any modded gt can run a low boost and blow you doors off. now u can go the new route and but a roots type blower, its not out yet but when it comes out your only going to spend a total of about 2k for the whole package. the nice thing about a roots blower is that it makes it feel more like driving an 8 b/c it gives your a ton of low end torque. so that is a deffinate option and prob. the route im going to take until i can afford GT insurance. but again its all up to you if it were my money i would prob. buy a roots blower and a 8.8 with 3.73s and call it good.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I say slap a 11psi supercharger on that puppy with chip fuel upgrades and maybe some port and polishing, and you will be faster than a gt with lower insurance

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Falcon said:
I say slap a 11psi supercharger on that puppy with chip fuel upgrades and maybe some port and polishing, and you will be faster than a gt with lower insurance
I agree, get a procharger. With an 11 PSI kit and P&P heads and intakes along with a cam and you'll be one fast son of a gun.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
chevykiller said:
anyone have any idea when this roots blower is goin to be done????
I personally, not offense intented, do not think this thing will actually get on it's feet. It's been about 2 years in the making and you hear little by little about it. I helped make the base attachment plate I'd a long time ago, but I have no idea what happened to it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
chevykiller said:
yea... so do you think procharger is the way to go...
definately!! It comes intercooled, but with no fuel upgrades. But sometimes you can find the upgrades dirt cheap on ebay. For injectors, I'd say 36 or 42#, and a 190lph or 255lph fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
and you would need a chip www.americanmotorsport.com is a good place to get a chip from. you could also get a larger MAF such as a lightning 80mm one to go along with the fuel upgrades stated before, and if you want to keep your tranny good for longer a tranny cooler would be good to get to although it is NOT needed to run the procharger

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
No question about it and as stated above a chip or better yet a dyno tune.
Ya, if he could find an SCT tuner in his area, that would be the best. If not go with Alberto at American Motorsport.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts