Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 GT strut bar for my 13 V6. Having issues making it fit. I thought they were all compatible from around 05 and up. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
It should fit

Just be VERY careful when you tighten down those locking nuts. They twist off Easy if you try to get them to tight. You need to remove all four nuts on both sides and the strut brace should just slip on. I never heard of one not fitting.

I sure heard of guy's twisting off those nut's though ! Just snug them and walk away.

Go to American Muscle and they have instructions and a video.

Ronnie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just be VERY careful when you tighten down those locking nuts. They twist off Easy if you try to get them to tight. You need to remove all four nuts on both sides and the strut brace should just slip on. I never heard of one not fitting.

I sure heard of guy's twisting off those nut's though ! Just snug them and walk away.

Go to American Muscle and they have instructions and a video.

Ronnie
Either the 2013 is different or the guy lied to me and it didn't come from a 2012 GT. although he did have other parts such as the 5.0 badges and they were the most recent generation. I have included some pictures for troubleshooting purposes. Yes I know I did not remove the bolts but essentially it should fit right in on top of them for measuring purposes. Picture 1 shows how snug it is on top of the engine. Pictures 2 and 3 show what happens if i push down on one end. the other end will lift. Here is the pic of the original bar: http://images.craigslist.org/3Lf3Fb3Ne5N65La5J6d3p145d495ba0d51d53.jpg
Any other help would be cool. I am thinking i just need to sale back on craigslist and get the one from AM.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
The gt STB doesn't fit on our v6's our engine sits too high!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doh! Lesson learned, i took it that the same strut bar from AM works for both so the factory must also do the same. Oh well, thank you for the information.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Look at cjponyparts.com they have the boss 302 got 105$ & it'll fit the 3.7!

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Man, I hate when I over tighten my nuts.
Lmao. The worst!

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
The V6 requires the Boss 302/V6 strut bar; it's center is higher to clear the intake runners for both the Boss and the V6. I think I read on another forum awhile back that the single bar type strut tower brace from a 2008 GT500/Shelby fits the 2011 and up V6 as well; just have to file a small bit on the upper plastic vane; about 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bucko's monkey even knows that it wont fit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.