Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be better off buying some GT's Take off's and getting some Warlock mufflers, or just buying a Flowmaster or another brand complete set up? Which would be cheapeR? Which would sound better? Which would be best peformance wise? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Cheapest way would be GT takeoffs and mufflers of your choice.Sound is really an opinion so im not going to say much there. Performance wise you want a straight through muffler, dynomax, magnaflow, I think warlocks are also, etc

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Not a bad privce on the mufflers... Laser02 has the uncappable ones, Brent just got a set as well. try PM'ing Laser02 about how it sounds. I think he has some soundclips. Pretty average price for the take offs. Try some of the site sponsors, I know V6mustangstuff.com usually has them. What i would probably do is get the take offs on the car, then later get a different set of mufflers if you want a different sound

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so wait to see if I like the sound instead of frushing and getting everything. Good idea, and that price of $149.99 + $55 Shipping is a pretty reasonable price?

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
i would just join a local mustang club ( which is tip. made up of v8 stangs) and find a person how still has there system after they have gotten a new one. and buy it of them for cheap. i bought mine for 50$ no shipping

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i used to have a sound clip of my takeoffs... if youd like i can go get another

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
GT Take off's are exactly what they are.

They are an exhaust system that was taken off a V8 mustang, you can put it on a V6

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
yes and no...You dont NEED an H-pipe/Xpipe with the v6, the "H"s are put on the GT cuz they have 2 cyl firing at the same time on each bank so the crossover helps with scavanging.but with the v6 you could just have the y pipe cut and have the duals welded/ bolted on straight back with no crossover.. now ifyou plan on getting a cam, p/p heads etc...than it would be a good idea to get an h pipe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
what exhaust would you recommend that i wouldnt need to modify for the duals. I heard and believe that are cars really dont put out alot of air that a dual would sugnificantly help.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
all exhaust systems need to be modded to be put on our cars, unless you buy a whole cat back system. u can get those through EE. you could also get a mac Y pipe system but that is a tru waste of your money. i suggest you just get gt take offs and have a shop put them on, i was quoted as low as 60 bucks to put them on. good luck with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hes talkin about they bolt up kit. it has a y pipe that bolts to the factory y pip so you kinda end up with a >< I had the kit with the y pipe and it sounds good. really throaty, no drone. with the y pipe at the upper RPMs teh exhaust tone would die off, and just sound like air. when i put the h pipe on it it has tone through the whole RPM range sounds a little deeper too. but i really didn't notice any power increase between the y pipe and the h pipe. but i think it sounds better with the h pipe

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
what exacltly is ucapping mufflers i know it uses like the other whole in your muffler but what does it help in or what can you do it to flowmasters

1 - 20 of 26 Posts