Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a stock gt h pipe from the headers to the mufflers fit on my 2000 3.8 v6? and what other parts can i use from a gt on my car other then boddy parts?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The 8.8 rear end is a popular one.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
no, but you can do better anyway... you need some new headers, an h pipe or modified x pipe, and then your gt takeoffs. that'll complete your exhaust. if you don't plan on doing an engine build you'll want all your exhaust pipes in 2.25 inch diameter

other parts you can take off a gt are the 8.8 rear end, the fog lights, and possibly some interior pieces

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
dont buy new headers, thats a waste of money unless youre going to be putting out more than 300hp. The stock GT H pipe wont work on the v6, but theres alternatives such as a MAC off road or catted H pipe, theres the pacesetter adapter kit that involves cutting your Y pipe, or you can have an exahust shop custom fabricate you something for pretty cheap. If you go with any of these options, then the takeoffs will bolt right up.

by the way, do you have a GT thats a donor car or what? If you do, id do an entire engine swap!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What Zim said.

The headers all the way through the cats are not usable by us v6's. The only exhaust from a GT which is usalbe by our cars is the system from the Cats back. The Cats themselves may be usable... but getting an exhaust company to cut off the cats would be next to impossible... since cutting off cats is illegal unless they are damaged or have a malfunction.

BTW, Zim, ask charles to re-instate your Mod abilities in this forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
long tube headers would only change the sound of your exhaust. but as stated already, they are useless unless you are blown or making making serious power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts