Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i'm stuck. I'm gotten some advice to get a new exhaust system by way of a gt take off (130 shipped). Do you think it's a good idea, or should I go ahead and spend the 360 on the magnaflow. I'll give some links to show the two products. Thanx for the help.
http://www.3.8mustang.com/midwest/

or the magnaflow...
http://rpmoutlet.com/musv6mag.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get the GT take-offs. Better performance at a lower cost. I like my GT take-offs, even without a louder muffler system.

·
Registered
941 Posts
gt take offs are a good bang for the buck, i'd highly recommend it.

for future reference, ask other general questions in the forum below this called "general tech".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys, sorry about puting the post in the wrong place. :-o

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, once I get the takeoffs, will I have to do any mods to the rear bumper (the gt bumper has cut outs at the bottom so the exhaust will stick out), and, I'd like to have a nice sound with my exhaust, so which mufflers should I look at getting.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This is what a typical GT Takeoff system will sound

http://v6stangs.com/multimedia/rellik/exhaust.mpeg (At idle and rev)

http://v6stangs.com/multimedia/rellik/lmdrive2.mpeg (going like a bat out of hell)

I like my GT exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mach_Mustang_R said:
Hey, once I get the takeoffs, will I have to do any mods to the rear bumper (the gt bumper has cut outs at the bottom so the exhaust will stick out), and, I'd like to have a nice sound with my exhaust, so which mufflers should I look at getting.
I put a 1" spacer on the bolt that holds the rear tail pipe hangers to drop the tips below the rear bumper. I think that they look great that way.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I have never installed them so I cant tell you that. I don tknow what all is required. When Charles or Rellik get on or someone with more knowledge on that they will be glad to let you know what all is required

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I had to get mine welded on. With GT takeoffs, it's a requirement.

They cut off your existing exhaust after the second set of cats, then weld up the Takeoffs to that. I had them make custom hangars for the passenger side. Went in, paid 100 bucks, drove home. :)

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Mach_Mustang_R said:
Brent, how hard are they gonna be to install?
its not terribly hard, you just have to have the right tools. Just the exhaust kit itself isnt enough to make the swap. if you plan to do this by yourself youll need to purchase a pacesetter adapter kit (i believe they sell it on steeda.com) If you buy that then you can do all the work yourself as long as you have some sort of air grinder or something to cut through your existing pipes, and some welding equipment/experience. If you dont have the right tools, dont even try. I lucked out... my dad owns an aluminum foundry so hes got lots of tools that i could use and the install went pretty smooth. It took me about 4-5 hours to do the entire thing.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
yea what zim said...if u have no tools just bring it to a muffler shop theyll hook u up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, then I will. I live on an island, so there are limited places I can take my car to. My friend had midus put his exhaust on, but he drives and acura integra. But he said they were cheap, so I might just do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been hearing that the mac fake dual is giving sixes more horses that the true gt take offs. Any comments?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I don't have any numbers, but IMO they sound better,But the sound is mostly the mufflers, I think the Y pipe helps even out the exhaust tone. I have been told the power differance it so little you won't notice on a near stock car.I don't see why people call it fake either, You have 2 mufflers, and 2 tail pipes, Fake duals IMO are like single in dual out mufflers. just my .02 cents

1 - 20 of 37 Posts