Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the track pack cars get the torsion differential. Do they get the entire rear end assembly from the Boss?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it's pretty much the same. I believe they come with the exact same axle/diff, with the diffuser fins on the housing and everything. I'd let you know for certain, but I haven't gotten mine yet.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
351CJ said:
I know the track pack cars get the torsion differential. Do they get the entire rear end assembly from the Boss?
I don't think anything is different besides the diff and pumpkin cover between the gt and boss

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was under the impression they did. Took 3 moths to get a white track pack, I really wanted the Torsen it is possible they have a different pumpkin cover but wouldn't make sense. The more cars you can use the same part on the cheaper per unit

·
Registered
20 Posts
McQueen said:
I got the torsen with 3.73 and it is great!!!! Just a little tricky to launch hard..
I ordered mine with the 3.73. I don't recall if that option included the torsion. Anyone know? I won't have mine for at least another month. What do you mean by tricky to launch? Excessive wheel spin?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
smokeum said:
I ordered mine with the 3.73. I don't recall if that option included the torsion. Anyone know? I won't have mine for at least another month. What do you mean by tricky to launch? Excessive wheel spin?
3.73 dont necessary come with a torsen, that is another option. But for the 2013 model if you get the torsen it also comes with the boss radiator.
Yea wheel spin and lots lol, i get wheel spin going from 3 to 4 gear in my manual when driving it hard.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
McQueen said:
3.73 dont necessary come with a torsen, that is another option. But for the 2013 model if you get the torsen it also comes with the boss radiator.
Yea wheel spin and lots lol, i get wheel spin going from 3 to 4 gear in my manual when driving it hard.
I thought that was all part of the track pack, 3.73's and all?

·
Registered
517 Posts
This is getting confused.

You can buy 3.73 separately. As well as Brembo pkg.

If u get track pack, you get Brembo plus boss parts. That includes 3.73, extra cooling, Torsten etc. track pack only comes with the 3.73 (Torsten) and is only available on manuals

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea. My only question was whether the track pack includes the entire rear assembly. It seems pretty obvious it does. My car should be here any day. I can't wait to see that aluminum cover....among other things!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea. My only question was whether the track pack includes the entire rear assembly. It seems pretty obvious it does. My car should be here any day. I can't wait to see that aluminum cover....among other things!!
I'm in the same boat, mine should be arriving any day this week. Any plans to take yours to Summit Point or VIR ever?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same boat, mine should be arriving any day this week. Any plans to take yours to Summit Point or VIR ever?
If you are out at Summit Point I may see you there. I just got my VIN on Wed and they said it should arrive the week of the Oct 8th, so I am anxious to say the least. Where are you located? I'm out in Frederick MD, so only 45 min from Summit Point!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are out at Summit Point I may see you there. I just got my VIN on Wed and they said it should arrive the week of the Oct 8th, so I am anxious to say the least. Where are you located? I'm out in Frederick MD, so only 45 min from Summit Point!
Nice! I'm from Harrisburg, PA. I probably wouldn't end up going until next season rolls around, but I'd like to get some (of my first) track time in this car. My brothers been down to Summit Point a few times racing so I'd probably take him too. I think until next spring comes around though I'll just keep it (relatively) tame on the streets.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts