Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'll be interested to see what kind of power it makes... I have nearly a similar configuration with the exception of a gt40 tubular intake up top

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
If you don't have the matching heads and cam, then you won't notice much if any improvement.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have the matching heads. But my heads have been ported and polished the cam is e303 the motor was built by a mustang shop in sacramento it should def b better than the stock motor i had

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Eventualy would like to get the trick flow heads and cam but for now this will have to do. My budget is empty lol

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

And yes my hheads and intake are port matched. I hope it runs strong. I will no tomorrow when i finish up

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Even if its port matched?
The intake alone isn't going to make much difference without the heads that are matched to it. The GT40's flow a bit better than stock, but the Trick Flows, flow a lot better.
If he's going to the GT40 from his stock engine, then to him it will seem like a big improvement, but if you put one on your car that has been running the GT40 stuff already, I'm afraid you will be disappointed and you will probably lose some low end power.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Well, didn't the 93 Cobra(GT40) make 260HP or something like that? The trick flow top end kit is 350, what other numbers would be needed for comparison?

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
JayKranz said:
Well, didn't the 93 Cobra(GT40) make 260HP or something like that? The trick flow top end kit is 350, what other numbers would be needed for comparison?
i *belive* the 93 cobra was rated at 240 or 245. but i have also heard that it is slightly underated. but yeah you pretty much said it in comparison. :good:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are prob right im guesing it wont b much dif than a gr 40 intake but with 8 lbs of boost or so it should still b a fun ride lol

·
Registered
692 Posts
I guess I wanna see flow numbers between the gt40 and the trick flow intake. I know the heads are better as well as the cam but I'm just talking about the intake only

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I know the primary hindrance to makin power on a stock motor is the heads. After that, you go with the intake next, then injectors and start working your way to the air filter

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
wc3john said:
I guess I wanna see flow numbers between the gt40 and the trick flow intake. I know the heads are better as well as the cam but I'm just talking about the intake only

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I know the primary hindrance to makin power on a stock motor is the heads. After that, you go with the intake next, then injectors and start working your way to the air filter
I think we have flow charts for popular heads and intakes in the useful sticky thread. :good:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts