Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of installing ported gt 49 heads and a trick flow upper and lower intake with the e303 cam. My ? Is what size roller rockers to use

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I would say 1.6. Also I forgot to mention that you will need to check pushrod length if you use roller rockers. The stocks will work with the stock stamped steel but may be too short for roller rockers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke with a shop that builds mustangs today and he said with the trick flow upper and lower and gt40 heads i should not use e303 cam he says i will loose power. Acording to him the stock cam would make more power?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i just wanna di it right. Now that i have the trick flow topend thinkn about just get the trick flow heads. Just want to do it right and make good power

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Kenny laird said:
Ya i just wanna di it right. Now that i have the trick flow topend thinkn about just get the trick flow heads. Just want to do it right and make good power
Good idea. I had to get luxuries when I put on my trickflow heads. You may as well get the trickflow cam to.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna go with the ford racing aluminum gt40x heads. Just cant afford trickflow right now and its killn me not driving my car

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna do some more research on cam its weird so many people say they love the e cam but this guy swears i will loose power. Gonna hit that website in a min see what rhey say

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Kenny laird said:
Gonna do some more research on cam its weird so many people say they love the e cam but this guy swears i will loose power. Gonna hit that website in a min see what rhey say
thats the best thing to do. cams are very tricky. either use that site i told you or talk to a cam expert.

arent the gt40x heads still a little pricey?

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Kenny laird said:
Not necessarily lose power, but it does lack on the low end a bit over the stock cam. The E cam picks up a little after 2k.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
dreamstang said:
thats the best thing to do. cams are very tricky. either use that site i told you or talk to a cam expert.

arent the gt40x heads still a little pricey?
+1, and the 170cc heads are almost the same price as the gt40x heads.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So u are happy with the e cam then. Did u stick with stock pistons. And the heads are anout 600 but trick flow is a good deal more

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

The 170cc heads are 549 each thats a little bit much for me right now. On a bit of a budget

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Kenny laird said:
So u are happy with the e cam then. Did u stick with stock pistons. And the heads are anout 600 but trick flow is a good deal more
I'm happy with it, I can still burn 1st and chirp 2nd with 2.73 gears. :)

The gt40x heads are 550 a piece which makes the set only $50 cheaper than entry level twisted wedge heads.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Kenny laird said:

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

The 170cc heads are 549 each thats a little bit much for me right now. On a bit of a budget
Make sure that 600$ price you saw isn't each also.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts