Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Searching is your friend. He's lonely now though, you should probably spend some time with him.

To answer your question, though: yes, it is a direct bolt-on modification.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coachhoach said:
Searching is your friend. He's lonely now though, you should probably spend some time with him.

Lol thanks, but I did search for awhile.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If the search function was used properly there would be no new threads and few new responses.... Except during new model years. Forumers always push 'use search' but unreality the forum would be 'lonely' if everyone heeded that advice

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
coachhoach said:

No it is not a direct bolt on, it will weld on but not bolt right up. 11 was the first year of the ball and socket with clamp for the muffler connections. Before that it was a slip on type like the mid pipe to OTA pipe on the 11+

·
Registered
352 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
No it is not a direct bolt on, it will weld on but not bolt right up. 11 was the first year of the ball and socket with clamp for the muffler connections. Before that it was a slip on type like the mid pipe to OTA pipe on the 11+
This is true!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Thank you!

because I also read up that the the 10' has 2 1/2 inch pipe and the 11' up has 2 3/4 inch.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
it's not about what WE think, it's about what YOU think! doesn't matter if we like them, you're the one driving a car with them installed so make sure it fits your taste!
It's Really about what we think you think we think that you think. Wait I got that wrong.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

nhcowboy said:
It's Really about what we think you think we think that you think. Wait I got that wrong.
Truth is, Anything is better than the stock exhaust I'm sure you be happy with the Shelby or Corsa (sport or extreme) or Roush or Borla ( stinger or atak).

All will sound better and each are unique.

Any you buy for a 2011 gt will be simple bolt ons. Many write ups on it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If you plan on full exhaust then get the gt500 if not the any other would be bad a$$ but dont get pypes bombs they will get annoying after a while.

·
Registered
85 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
it's not about what WE think, it's about what YOU think! doesn't matter if we like them, you're the one driving a car with them installed so make sure it fits your taste!
Yeah definently. I meant more along the lines of what the gt500s sound like compared to the pypes because I've had trouble finding good videos. But I think I'm going with Roush Catback!!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlueGT said:
Yeah definently. I meant more along the lines of what the gt500s sound like compared to the pypes because I've had trouble finding good videos. But I think I'm going with Roush Catback!!!
Roush is really nice. I have them now with an o/r x. Loved before the x pipe, love them even more now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread, but quick question since we're on the subject. Has anyone seem roush axlebacks for a 2010 GT? Cause I haven't found one anywhere...

·
Registered
828 Posts
GrabberBlueGT said:
Not trying to steal the thread, but quick question since we're on the subject. Has anyone seem roush axlebacks for a 2010 GT? Cause I haven't found one anywhere...
I could be wrong but the older 427r's had the roush mufflers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts