Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically I was wanting to do a grille swap but with the grilles on the 2011 V6 there aren’t many choices. I was looking to swap out my bumper for a 2014 GT500 or even just a 2014 bumper and was wondering if all i had to do was get the bumper, new hood, and the brackets or if i needed more too?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! So hope this helps but I actually have done a GT front end conversion on my 2011 3.7 mustang. Bc the grilles are different for 2011-12 v6 and the v8s I did have to get a new bumper, grille liner and a grille. I’ve seen one dealership selling a 2011 GT with a 2013-14 front end conversion and it was terrible, there was a noticeable gap between the car because the hood doesn’t match the length and the headlights are also different. With our years the bulbs are on the outer side of the housing but the 2013-14 are closer to the grille. It personally threw me off and was disappointed with the look.
If you did want to go with a normal GT front end conversion I’d recommend getting parts from carparts.com bc it was so much cheaper than other websites. Just don’t forget to buy a grille, grille liner and a valance trim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts