Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really like the look of these. Are there any clearance issues with parking at regular ride height?

Anyone put these on and have the lowering springs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dang, I just now saw this two years later lol. Yeah, I have to be positive that I stop before the bottom of the bumper runs over the concrete stopper in parking spots

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alright this is going to be tricky. It took me 4 hours to get that sucker mounted, but that’s because I’m a measure twice cut once kinda guy. It’s going to be a lot of measuring and marking. I used a grease pen.

Alright, lift the front of your mustang up light enough so that you can get under it, or just remove the front bumper, but that will take more time. Start unscrewing the OEM splitter. You’ll used those screws to screw into you’re new splitter. I can’t remember if you have to have more screws for the GT500 or not. You might as well order a good amount of the OEM screws. Next, lower the car back down and set the new splitter on something high enough so that it is up against the bumper and so that you can make your marks. Once that is done, raise the car back up and start screwing in the new splitter.

As you know, the bottom of the GT front bumper has curves and dips, while the GT500 is flat. I had to take a dremel tool to make way room for the screws and washers on a different part of the GT00 splitter since I didn’t want to run the screws through where they would show between any of the gaps. After doing that, adding the lower part of the GT500, it’s in 3 pieces, is VERY easy. It’s just a simple screw in.

A guy messaged me about how to do this and made me have to sit here and think about how I did that, that was over 3 years ago. I realized I forgot to update the forum. I was a lifeguard at the time and I was dating this smokin’ blonde that lifeguarded with me and I honestly forgot all about it. Honestly, once you get under there and look at every thing it’s really straight forward.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts