Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting rid of my Flowmasters and getting some GT500 mufflers to make it a little quieter. Is there a certain year model muffler to get for my '13? I've seen all the different year models for sale, just wanna get the right ones that'll fit with no problems if I go that route.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The new '13 GT500 mufflers are quad-tips and won't fit without also swapping the entire rear valence. '11-'12 is what you want.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. Thanks. I'll look for '11-'12 and see what I find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
M-5230-MGTCA1 is the Ford part number. You can find them at almost any place that carries Mustang parts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What's the gt500s compared to the Flowmaster outlaws. I couldn't ever decide between the 500s or the outlaws i ended up goin with outlaws i love them but they are loud and have a bit of drone.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
What's the gt500s compared to the Flowmaster outlaws. I couldn't ever decide between the 500s or the outlaws i ended up goin with outlaws i love them but they are loud and have a bit of drone.
GT500's are what the car should have sounded like from the factory

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can anyone chime in if there is any drone with an offroad X or H pipe? Thats why i love mine so much... Theyre loud under a load and quiet as a mouse when cruising at any RPM!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can anyone chime in if there is any drone with an offroad X or H pipe? Thats why i love mine so much... Theyre loud under a load and quiet as a mouse when cruising at any RPM!
I have a friend with GT500 mufflers and offroad H and no drone.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool. I'm looking at those mufflers and the Roush A/Bs I've found for sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts