Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing my borla atak quad exhaust tonight or tomorrow morning. Any tips for cutting the bumper and installing the new valance? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I will be installing my borla atak quad exhaust tonight or tomorrow morning. Any tips for cutting the bumper and installing the new valance? Thanks
Only person I am aware of who has done this is mcqueen. Might want to PM him

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did mine on my car it's not to bad once the rear bumper is off there's scribed marks on the back side you can use as a guide . Some say you can use a small body saw I used a dremel to cut it. It takes longer but you can control it easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yah man you have to pull the rear bumper off. It's not to bad to do. But then again I worked for ford for ten years as a tech. Now with gm and still will buy a ford all day long. But it's pretty straight forward. You getting a package from late model or buying it piece by piece

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah man you have to pull the rear bumper off. It's not to bad to do. But then again I worked for ford for ten years as a tech. Now with gm and still will buy a ford all day long. But it's pretty straight forward. You getting a package from late model or buying it piece by piece
I already have it at home I bought it from AM which is the whole valance. And the exhaust I ordered off of amazon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh nice has all the clips and everything you need the ?? I still had a parts hook up at ford lol so I got a good deal. Don't burn bridges might have to cross them again lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh nice has all the clips and everything you need the ?? I still had a parts hook up at ford lol so I got a good deal. Don't burn bridges might have to cross them again lol
Is the line you follow really thin? Or what does it look like? Because I think I found it but I'm not sure

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yah it's a real thin line and you'll see a few other marks where your lock tabs go that need cute out too. Post a pic on here and ill let you know what one it is

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Cut sorry

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yah it's a real thin line and you'll see a few other marks where your lock tabs go that need cute out too. Post a pic on here and ill let you know what one it is

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Cut sorry
Ill post a pic when I get out of class. As for the clips I don't think it came with them =\ the only ones I know I saw where the white ones that go on the long tabs towards the bottom of the valance.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Ok good! How long should the install take me ? I'm planning on doing it before work today but I don't want to run out of time and leave it unfinished
I wouldn't recommend doing that, specially since you are cutting the bumper. I would do it when you don't have a deadline and can take your time. Up too you of course, but with a deadline your more prone to rush and make mistakes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yah man take your time don't rush it do it on a weekend. I know it sucks when you have parts ready to go on but I wouldn't rush do it right and do it once.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ok good! How long should the install take me ? I'm planning on doing it before work today but I don't want to run out of time and leave it unfinished
Dude i am one of the first to do this in Miami, Florida, USA, ****ing world, i also told MCqueen how to do it and both came out so perfect we that we didnt need the screws or clips of how perfect it came out, which ofcourse we installed for security reasons. Grab a white pencil and a dremel or small saw, thats it. Its cake, just becareful, dont toss ur small 2 red lights, and the gt500 rear valance scrapes easily, goodluck and grab a beer to enjoy the sound after, shouldnt take you longer than an hour

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dude i am one of the first to do this in Miami, Florida, USA, ****ing world, i also told MCqueen how to do it and both came out so perfect we that we didnt need the screws or clips of how perfect it came out, which ofcourse we installed for security reasons. Grab a white pencil and a dremel or small saw, thats it. Its cake, just becareful, dont toss ur small 2 red lights, and the gt500 rear valance scrapes easily, goodluck and grab a beer to enjoy the sound after, shouldnt take you longer than an hour
Besides the cutting is there anything else I have to do to the bumper ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
You will love the looks and the sound when done! But yes - take your time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just did mine this weekend. I recommend you YouTube it, there's a very explanatory tutorial on it. Wasn't difficult just take your time

1 - 20 of 21 Posts