Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the GT500 Style Strut Mount on their car does it make a big difference i need to upgrade my front struts

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you're upgrading front struts I highly suggest you get the gt500 mounts, even if you weren't upgrading struts, I'd still suggest a gt500 upgrade. The stock ones are cheap, like the base speakers in these cars.. Makes all the difference.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
w4fang22 said:
If you're upgrading front struts I highly suggest you get the gt500 mounts, even if you weren't upgrading struts, I'd still suggest a gt500 upgrade. The stock ones are cheap, like the base speakers in these cars.. Makes all the difference.
Where can I get a good price on them I swear AM had it for 85 now they went up I don't want to pay 110 when im getting the struts for 110 each

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
They are worth every penny! I just installed them along with Eibach Sportline springs and the Pro-Damper kit. The stock strut mounts are so cheap and puny compared to the GT500 mounts. cjponyparts has them for $98. Here's a pic off of AM to show how stock (right) compares to the GT500 mounts (left)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Why didn't you put the Struts and Springs from the V6 Performance Package?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Because I bought the whole Eibach Sportline kit which came with the springs, shocks, struts, and sway bars

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
They are worth every penny! I just installed them along with Eibach Sportline springs and the Pro-Damper kit. The stock strut mounts are so cheap and puny compared to the GT500 mounts. cjponyparts has them for $98. Here's a pic off of AM to show how stock (right) compares to the GT500 mounts (left)
I heard that the GT500 strut mounts didn't mount with the eibach damper kit? I might have gotten them if I knew that.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
I heard that the GT500 strut mounts didn't mount with the eibach damper kit? I might have gotten them if I knew that.
That's what I thought at first too because most sites say that to use them, Ford Racing lowering springs and struts are required. Then I found reviews where people had all kinds of different setups like Eibach, Tokico, Koni, and Roush, all with the GT500 style strut mounts. If I had to guess, all that's really needed is some sort of lowering spring/strut combo because these mounts are a bit beefier compared to the stock mounts and wouldn't allow enough of the top nut to be threaded onto the struts.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
So here's a quick correction. The reason that worked with my Eibach set-up is because I was sent the '05-'10 style dampers rather than the '11+ that I had ordered. Physically the two look identical except that the silver portion of the strut is slightly narrower on the '05-'10 dampers. Since they're already installed on the car and I'm happy with them, I'm just gonna keep things the way they are. The difference in cost between the two is small enough that I don't feel the need to make any angry phone calls. Although I might anyway just to give them a heads up in case I'm not the only one this has happened to. Sorry about the confusion guys lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i received my gt500 strut mount and is the bottom suppose to spin on them?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Yes, that allows the strut assembly to rotate with the wheel/hub

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that allows the strut assembly to rotate with the wheel/hub
ok cool because one of them weren't moving then i twisted it then it popped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts